Chapter Sixteen

"Happy! Where are you?" Natsu yelled.

"I'm here!" Happy said flying above him.

"Okay, take me to the hill."

"Aye, sir!!"

Happy picked Natsu up by his collar and flew him a little ways out of town. They landed on a grassy hill and Natsu looked behind him at the town. He could already see smoke billowing from some building. His fire mages were still living up to expectations.

Making sure he was completely alone on the hill, Natsu spun in a full circle. No one in sight. He pulled the Dragon's Heart out of his pocket and squeezed it tightly. "Igneel, come to me."

There was a bright flash of light and Natsu had to shield his eyes. When he reopened them a large dragon with red scales stood before him.

"Igneel!" Natsu said elated. "It worked! It really worked!" He ran up and climbed on Igneel's back so he could hug his neck.

"It's good to see you, Natsu," Igneel said laughing. "I see you finally got the heart."

"I only wanted what was ours. Where have you been? Why did you leave me?"

"I never left you Natsu, I've been here with you, even if you couldn't see me."

"That doesn't make any sense."

Igneel chuckled. "Why did you call me here, Natsu?"

"I've been wanting to call you, but I've heard rumors about the Heart, are they true?"

"Later. Did you need my help?"

Natsu nodded. "Paradis. We need to end this war."

"Then let's go."

❤ ❤ ❤

Lucy whipped around to see Juvia standing behind her.

"The queen of Fire Heart just watched her king run off. My love would never leave me like that," Juvia said.

"Then where is he?" Lucy retorted.

"He entrusted me to take care of you. Or else I would still be with my love."

"Well, then let's fight, but you'll be returning to your love as a failure," Lucy said grabbing her keys, she wasn't fast enough though.

"Water slicer!" Juvia yelled firing water blades at Lucy. They hit her directly causing her to fall.

Lucy stumbled to her feet and found the key she was looking for. "Open, gate of the archer, Sagittarius!"

A centaur appeared beside Lucy with a bow and arrow. "Take her out!" Lucy commanded pointing at Juvia.

Sagittarius fired arrows rapidly at Juvia. Juvia simply turned her body into water and they passed right through her.

"Shit," Lucy said closing Sagittarius' gate. Now what?

"Water Nebula!"

Two spirals of water came flying at Lucy knocking her backwards. Lucy coughed from inhaling some of the water. She stood up again trying to decide what spirit to summon.

"You keep getting up. Stay down! Juvia yelled firing more water at Lucy.

"Never," Lucy said struggling to stand back up. Juvia really was a very strong mage. With all this water around, Lucy could summon Aquarius, but what would be the point? Lucy couldn't attack a water mage with water.