Chapter Seven

Natsu slammed the door to his room. He did it again. He rescued that damn blonde. Why did he keep doing that? He wouldn't have to keep doing that if she would just stay out of trouble.

Natsu looked down at the blood on his hands and made a disgusted face. He was on his way to rinse it off when a blue cat with white wings flew through his window.

"Natsu!" The cat called out happily.

"Hey, Happy," Natsu said. Natsu had known Happy for six years now. He discovered an egg in the woods and Happy was hatched from it, and had been Natsu's best friend ever since.

Natsu went into the bathroom and started to rinse the blood off of his hands with Happy trailing after him. "Wow! That's a lot of blood! You must have gut a real big fish, Natsu!" Happy exclaimed.

       Natsu shook his head. "No, Happy I didn't gut a real big fish. I about beat a dumbass to death."

"What for?" Happy asked.

"It's not important," Natsu said not wanting to explain what had just happened. "Did you find it?"

"Aye, Sir!" Happy said pulling an item out of the tiny back pack he had on. Natsu held out his hand and Happy dropped a silver key into it.

The key glinted in his hand as if it was new and has never been used. There was a flame symbol at the top. Natsu stared at the key and chuckled to himself. What were the odds? He had just got a celestial mage into his guild, and now here he was holding a celestial key in his hand.

❤ ❤ ❤

​ Lucy took a seat at the bar still shaking. She didn't even want to think about what would have happened to her if the old lady and Natsu hadn't shown up. Of course the image of Deafening's mangled face was still burned into Lucy's brain. Natsu may have rescued her again, but why did he have to be so violent about it?

​ "Well, he'll be lucky if his face ever looks the same again," The old lady said coming to stand back behind the bar. She had just got done taking Deafening upstairs to his room where she probably helped clean his face.

​ "Natsu clearly doesn't hold back," Lucy said.

​ The old lady dropped the bottle of vodka she was holding and whipped around to face Lucy. "Did you say Natsu??"

​ Lucy jumped in her seat, startled. "Um, yeah."

​ "How do you know his real name?"

​ "He told me."

​ "He told you his real name??"

​ "Yeeesss," Lucy said slowly.

​ The old lady picked up the bottle of vodka. "You're really something else. You fought off half our guild by yourself then you got Salamander to tell you his real name."

​ "I didn't force him to tell me."

​ "No, I'm sure you didn't," The old lady said studying Lucy's face making her feel uncomfortable. "Anyway, it's a good thing he showed up or else that pretty little body of yours might not be so pretty anymore."

​ "Yeah, but he didn't have to be so aggressive about it," Lucy said. "Oh, and can I get some Chicken Noodle Soup?"

​ "Sure," The old lady said walking over to the stove. "And, Honey, that's just how Natsu is."

​ "So, you're saying I should thank him?" Lucy said as the old lady poured her a bowl of soup.

​ The old lady put the bowl in front of Lucy. "I'm not saying you should do anything. Although, normally, people thank the people that help them."