Chapter Thirteen

​ Lucy's injuries healed pretty quickly, all except for her ankle, which was still messed up pretty bad. She couldn't walk on it so the old lady had to get Lucy an old pair of crutches. She didn't like using them much though so she mostly stayed in Natsu's room. The old lady and Happy would bring her food and keep her company. She honestly hadn't seen much of Natsu since he thanked her, but when she did see him, he always made sure she was okay.

​ Late one night Lucy was reading an old book she found on Natsu's bookshelf. She had wandered over there to test out her ankle. It hurt like hell so then she grabbed this book and hopped on one leg back to the bed. At least she could stand on it.

​ There was a knock on the door and Natsu came in. Lucy immediately put down her book. "Natsu! I haven't seen you in a while," Lucy said.

​ "I'm sorry, I've been busy," Natsu said. "But how are you?"

​ "I'm doing pretty good. Look!" Lucy hopped out of bed and stood up. Her ankle hurt like hell, but she was standing.

​ "Should you be standing on that?" Natsu asked.

​ "Probably not. It hurts, but I'm just glad I can stand on it," Lucy said sitting back down on the bed.

​ Natsu sat next to her letting out a deep sigh. He put his face in his hands and slumped over. He looked exhausted.

​ "Hey, are you okay?" Lucy asked.

​ "I'm just tired."

​ "You have been gone a lot. Where have you been going anyway?"

​ "Different towns. Paradis has been causing trouble, so I've been taking care of it."

​ Lucy's good mood faded a little bit and now she was worried. "And how many of these towns did you burn?"

​ Natsu looked away from Lucy not answering her. "You've seen Paradis, so you know how irritating they are."

​ "Natsu."

​ "Lucy, don't worry about it."

​ "I'm going to worry about it! We're talking about human lives here!"

​ "Lucy, I said don't worry about it!" Natsu yelled standing up.

​ Lucy crossed her arms and turned away from him. She blinked back tears while Natsu started pacing. He ran his hands through his hair then turned back to Lucy. "Sorry," He mumbled.

​ Lucy wanted to yell at him saying he shouldn't apologize to her, but to the people of the towns he destroyed. But she didn't like arguing with Natsu. Especially with that uncontrollable anger of his.

​ "Why has Paradis been causing trouble?" Lucy asked instead.

​ "They want the celestial key. I have guild members stationed in other towns. They have been going around threatening my members trying to get information about the key."

​ "So, they don't know that you actually have the Heart?"

​ "No, and hopefully it stays that way. I have a plan to hopefully end this."

​ "How?"

​ Natsu gave her a look.

​ "Oh, let me guess, don't worry about it, right?"

​ Natsu winked at her. "You're learning."

❤ ❤ ❤

​ A couple of days later Lucy finally went downstairs for the first time in a while. Her ankle was still really bad, but she didn't like those crutches. So, she half limped half hopped over to the bar.