Chapter 3 - Red

Vincent had started the game and had Daniel as his partner

Vincent had started the game and had Daniel as his partner. I had Darcy as my partner, and we were getting dominated. We had played over three games, and this was the last round. He had three cups left on his side while we had one on ours. If he put the ball inside our cup, I would be his slave for the rest of the night.

"C'mon, Bunny! Put some strength into that arm of yours!" Vincent says with a snicker. Daniel just snorts.

I roll my eyes and hold the tiny orange ball in my hand. I position it for the throw and stare at the cup in the middle. I made sure I had the ball line up perfectly and hope it would go in. I throw the ping pong ball with more force than last time and watch as it bounces off the table and make its way towards the cup. But to my luck, the ball bounces off the rim of the cup and rolls onto the floor.

"Shit!" Darcy said in a low tone.

'Shit,' I cursed out as well.

Vincent gives me a smug look. He lifts his ball and aims it at our cup. With one perfect swift throw, it goes inside. Daniel and Vincent cheer and high-five each other.

I sigh in defeat and feel my face drop. I was nervous to comply with his agreement, but I was the sore loser and had to play my part.

"So now what?" I was a bit irritated.

"Now, you get me another beer," Vincent says.

"Make those two!" Daniel says with a chuckle.

"I don't remember agreeing to help you out," I say to Daniel with a raised eyebrow.

Vincent puts an arm over Daniel's shoulders. He gives me a look. "Daniel is my friend, so you have to entertain him too," he says with a smirk.

"Go on now," Daniel says.

I roll my eyes and head to the kitchen with Darcy trailing behind me.

"Such an asshole," Darcy comments.

"He better not get any bad ideas with this grand idea of his," I say. I grab two beer bottles from a red cooler when suddenly someone starts shouting out.

"Cops! Cops!" A guy with a beanie and a big septum ring yells out from the kitchen door.

"What? Cops?" Darcy asks, confused. She grabs my arm and pulls me down to the floor. I drop the bottles, which shatter on the ground.

A few people rush towards the kitchen door, rushing out while others trample over each other trying to leave the house. I could see the lights coming from the police cars that were stationed in front of the house. Everyone was running out of the house at that point. I could hear the cops yelling at some teens to stop running while others were tackling those escaping.

"We should split up!" Darcy says.

"I have to get Summer!" I yell out to her as I watched her run out of the kitchen. I was still hiding behind the kitchen island, craning my neck to see if anyone was coming inside the house. I couldn't see Summer unless she was already outside. I hoped she was waiting by Darcy's car like we had talked about.