Chapter 10 - Strawberries

I was parked outside of Charlotte's house when I saw the front door opening, and she came out

I was parked outside of Charlotte's house when I saw the front door opening, and she came out. Her rustic colored hair shined so bright with the sun's rays on her, that she looked like a golden goddess. Her hair laid in waves as always, but what surprised me the most was her outfit.

She was wearing a white tank crop top and some high waisted jeans along with white shoes. I always saw her wear t-shirts and mom jeans, but her figure was accentuated by her outfit choice today. I couldn't deny that she had a nice body because she really did. She wasn't petite or skinny like Maxine, but she also wasn't super curvy and bigger than most girls. She was average, but something about her wasn't exactly average.

She has a nice butt, I can't deny that either.

Maybe I notice it because she's always looking elsewhere rather than paying attention to me. Overall she has a nice body and I always see her comparing herself to others, especially girls that we see out in public when we're together. I noticed it at the mall and I noticed it at the amusement park. There are a lot of things that my little bunny can hide and jealousy is not one of them.

I unlock the door for her and she climbs in. "Where to first?" She asks. Her bold dark eyeliner lines her bright blue eyes, making them appear bigger and fluorescent. Like the sky was in her eyes.

"The bookstore?" I ask.

She smiles and nods her head excitedly. I never understood why books always made her happy. She was always studying and carrying a book since the first time I laid my eyes on her. It wasn't until now that I really did pay more attention to her, but only because her spunky friend made her notice me. Before then, not once has Charlotte ever looked at me directly.

"Any particular one?"

"Hmm," she rolls her plump bottom lip into her mouth. The little move was enough to make me feel something that I haven't felt in a long time. "The one by the mall," She says.

I turn the car back on and my music begins to blast through the speakers. "You can change the music if you like," I say, noticing her eyes getting wide at the lyrics blaring.

"Yes, please," she says. She takes my phone and scrolls through my music library.

'Noise' by The Neighbourhood begins to play and she gives me a smile as she puts my phone down. As I continue to drive down the street, I can't help but notice how her hair flies around as the open windows welcome the spring air. She looks so pretty just sitting there and staring out the window.

It was a Saturday noon, but the streets weren't as full and traffic was light. I was supposed to hang out with some guys today, but I decided to spend my day off with someone who makes me feel sane for once. Something about getting away from the chaos of putting your life in danger feels right. I wasn't sure how long I would keep going like this. The money was good and it was enough to keep me going, but where would I draw the line? There was something about Charlotte that made me feel like life was slowing down every time I was around her. Living in a world that was fast paced felt like I was going insane. For once, I felt grounded and could breathe for a second longer.