* Chapter 3 *

Chapter 3

I went back inside and, Cameron was sitting on the sofa with Sarah on his lap.

“Yeah? I am going to hit your brother. Don’t worry, I’ll go with you.” He said smiling at her. She beamed and hugged him.

“Thank you Camy. You are the best.” She replied jumping in his lap, smiling widely. He smiled back and looked up at me.

“Who is she, Sarah?” Cameron asked, pointing his finger at me. Sarah looked up and realized I was there too.

“Oh! She is Gwace. She is my neighbor.” She said smiling widely at me and I smiled back. Sarah had learnt, how my name is supposed to be pronounced, but she preferred calling me Gwace.

“Oh, nice name Gwace.” Cameron said, smirking at me. Idiot.

“It’s Grace.” I said crossing my arms.

“I am not dumb.” He said flatly. As if.

I ignored him and looked at Sarah. “C’mon Sar, it’s bed time.” I said and walked towards her to take her to bed. She held on to Cameron’s shirt and pouted.

“No Gwace, please.  I don’t want to sleep now.” Oh god, I hate it when she pouts like this.

“Alright, but half an hour more and then you are going to bed.” I said in a stern voice. She smiled and nodded.

“Hi5 kiddo. The babysitter is gullible.” I said and winked at me, giving a Hi5 to Sarah. I glared at him.

“Gwace, can you get me water?” Sarah asked. I nodded and went to the kitchen. As I was pouring water in the glass, the bottle got misbalanced and the water spill on the floor. Oh god.

I went to give water to Sarah. “Here” I said as I handed the class to her.

 Cameron got up and walked towards the kitchen. After Sarah finished the glass of water, I walked back to the kitchen to clean the mess. Just as I entered the kitchen, I saw Cameron move to grab the bottle from the countor, I was about to tell him to be careful but, before I could speak, he slipped and fell back on his butt.

“Ow.” As much as I tried to control, I burst out laughing. Usually, in such situation, I would run to the person and ask if they were fine. But, seeing the look on Cameron’s face I couldn’t help but laugh. He looked up.

“Care to explain what’s there to laugh about?” he asked, glaring at me. Your monkey face.

I shook my head, trying to control my laughter. “Nothing. Are y-you okay?” I asked. He got up with the help of counter top and rubbed his butt.

“I am fine.” He said harshly and went back to the living room. I went and dried the floor.

I went back to the living room and sat next to Sarah, who was busy watching cartoon network. After a few minutes, Cameron got up and went to the kitchen. He was back with a coke can in his hand.

“shit.” I and Sarah turned to look at Cameron and I kept a hand on my mouth to keep myself from laughing. The coke Cameron had been drinking had spilled over his shirt. Bad day, bad boy.

“You said a bad word, Camy.” Sarah said making an O face. He looked at her.

“Uh, sorry Sarah.” He said and looked back at his shirt. He got up, unbuttoned his shirt and took it off. Instantly, I turned to look back at TV. Not able to concentrate, I stole a glance at him. He had a nice defined chest and broad shoulders. There were a few scars on his chest, maybe from the fights, my eyes moved from his chest to his stomach and I gasped. Hearing my gasp he looked at me and cleared his throat. I looked up at him.