Liz

Helix coughed and zipped up his black, leather jacket in the cool breeze. Something about walking the streets at night made him carefree. It was the daytime he hated. Sean was walking ahead of him towards a little library on the edge of the town they were staying in. They moved a lot, but for the time being, Helix assumed Sean knew where he was going. He just knew he wasn't looking forward to seeing that girl again. Still, Sean had a point when it came to using her. In any case, it meant he didn't have to do as much of the work.

"Sooooo, how far away?" Helix asked as he folded his arms behind his head. He often walked that way. The great thing about being immortal was that you quickly learned not to give a crap about what others thought about you. Helix had forgotten to care a long time ago.

"Two blocks," Sean called out simply.

Speaking of not caring, Helix always thought Sean's coat was a little over-the-top. He always wore a black trench coat whenever he went out—like he was some sort of phantom. It wasn't modern at all, and it made him stand out like a sore-thumb. People around there never wore coats like that, but he learned not to care from the best, he guessed.

"Alright," Helix purred. "Man, I'm getting hungry."

Sean didn't speak back. Helix was used to that, too. It was rare for him to have spoken as much as he had lately, but Helix welcomed the change. They walked around the sidewalks with Helix dragging behind him for another block—and then another.

The library's tan, stuccoed bricks came into sight, and they stopped walking. Spotlights shone on the little building as it hid behind the black silhouettes of fainting trees. Branches drooped down from their limbs, and Helix shook a little in the cold.

"Stay outside," Sean said quietly.

Helix waved up a hand in acceptance and perched down on one of the nearby walls around the garden. He lit up a cigarette and watched Sean's coat trail behind him as he ascended the three stairs beneath the doorway.

He watched a few people drive down the road—stopping at red lights and yielding to on-coming traffic. He watched a lady leave the library with a few books under her arm. Her jacket was all the way zipped up, and it made Helix grin. He left it, though. Sean was already uptight enough as it was. He'd had enough fun for a bit. In the end, he decided to let his latest victim go. He didn't have it in him to abduct anyone else for awhile. He didn't make for a very pious immortal—that was for sure. He also didn't give a damn.

In about thirty minutes, Sean came walking back down the steps. Trailing out behind him was that awful-cretin of an Amazonian girl: Liz. Helix didn't care for her. She was gorgeous—really gorgeous. But, she was also a pain in the ass just like her old man.

"Hello, Helix," she said as they approached him.

He took another drag off the cigarette and stood up. He hated ditching cigarettes, but she was adamant about not smoking. He pushed the bud into the stone wall beside him and flicked it away with his fingers.

"Evening, princess," he nodded.

For a moment, the two stared at one another in a sort of cold and awkward encounter. Sean cleared his throat and began walking. Liz unzipped her jacket just a bit, just enough to show cleavage, and walked beside Helix with a smile. She knew what kind of a creep he was and there wasn't a damn thing he could do to her that he wouldn't instantly regret.

Helix rolled his eyes and slowed his pace down so that he wouldn't be walking right beside her. He still couldn't help but to eye her from behind. Her hair was long just like he liked. It was shiny and smooth. It swung beneath her waist and brushed the tops of her legs. He almost groaned out loud. How could something so beautiful be so vile?