36) And the winner is...!

Chapter Thirty-Six: And The Winner Is...!

    I found Liss, Adam, Ryan and let's not forget our purple pimp Mark, all joking around and having fun on the dance floor. Liss saw me first and leapt into my arms.

    “Dance with us, Shay!” She squealed, as she pulled me back towards the group. Just to see her so happy made my task a lot more easier, this was why I went through the stress of boys and dates. It's all for her. My best friend. For Melissa. She deserved to be happy.

    “I can't yet,” I told her. “It's nearly time for your surprise.”

    Her eyes widened and I didn't think she could jump any higher but she proved me wrong.

    “My surprise! My surprise! What is it? Where is it? Who is it?” She fell head first into a giggle-fest and had to cling onto Mark's shoulder to keep herself up. She looked, a little drunk.

    I narrowed my eyes at her. “Liss? You've been drinking too much of that loopy juice, haven't you?”

    “Noooooo.” She slurred merrily. “When can I have my surprise?”

    “Soon. But first, I need you guys to do something for me.” I huddled them all in closer, even Ryan. “I need you guys to make sure that none of the boys leave the hall, okay? Mark you're on Darren duty.”

    “Aww.” Adam sighed. It was a small sound which was hard to hear over the music, but Ryan caught it, and he did not look happy. Adam quickly covered it up by planting a kiss on his cheek.

    “What's Darren got to do with this?” Mark wondered. I knew it was a little risky letting him on the secret but I was pretty sure I could trust him.

    “Just do it please, Mark. I'll explain it later.”

    “Okay.” He shrugged.

    “Adam you cover Ki, and Ryan you make sure Nate doesn't leave. He should be coming in at any minute, so keep your eyes open.”

    Ryan opened his mouth to protest but Adam knew what he was going to say. “I'll show you who he is. And you better keep your hands to yourself or I'll kill you both.”

    “Jealousy isn't attractive, Adam.” I teased him.

    He scowled my way but didn't lunge for my throat. Oh boy. This is tense. I just hope I can pull it off. This little stunt should earn me a place in the high school record book.

    “Right, and if Darren tries to leave, Mark, tell him Naomi says to do it.” I looked to Ryan. “If Nate tries to leave just tell him that Ally says to do it. And if-”

    “Ki tries to leave tell him Foxy-Roxy says blah, blah, blah. I get the picture.” Adam finished off for me.

    “Wait.” All four of them frowned and asked in unison, “Do what?”

    “You'll see.” I flashed them a grin.

    “What about me?” Liss questioned, shoving at my shoulder. “What do I do?”

    “Don't worry, Liss. I have something for you to do. Which is, just stay here and look pretty. Oh, that reminds me, you might want to fix your hair.”