Some Things Never Change (4)

Chapter Four

Some Things Never Change

I have always questioned how people in abusive relationships can stay with them, I vowed to myself if I was every with someone who would hit me I would never, EVER stay with them. So when Nick text me asking if he could come over today I had to think about it for ages, going over the pain and emotions I felt when he slapped me. I wanted to see him again but I didn’t want to do it in private since he could lash out at me again, instead I asked if he wanted to go for dinner after work at a Chinese place.

Usually I would be excited for when the band is coming to visit, organising the house, stocking up on alcohol and all the other crap but I am too busy dealing with all the dramas of my own life to get excited. I had text Chase in the morning making to emphasis on how sorry I was and told him I seriously didn’t mind about Logan, he is the past and I am sure we could survive a few hours without it.

“Hey babe, how ya doing?” Nick asked as we met up outside the food place, I refused to let him pick me up. Nick leaned in for a kiss but I turned and walked towards the door.

“Hi, I am ok,” I said trying not to make conversation as we headed out of the dark and into the brightly lit restaurant.

Once given our seats, ordered our drinks Nick spoke, “I am so sorry,” he apologised grabbing my hand and encasing it with his I didn’t pull away which he took as a sign to continue. “I don’t know what came over me but I just lost control. I am sorry, I have never done that before and I never will again. I know that we haven’t been dating for long but I REALLY like you and I know you like me so I hope this doesn’t come between us!”

“I am not going to forgive you, you know? I can’t just forget that you lashed out at me and hit me, but I don’t want to give up our relationship just because of your own mistake,” I argued.

“So where does that leave us?” he questions, his face sad looking and in pain.

“I don’t know, maybe we will have to see, for now we are on a date, yeah?” I asked with the first smile of the night.

“I would love that,” he said honestly giving me a smile and kissing the hand he was holding then placing in back down on the table as the waiter came over.

Once our orders had been taken I decided now would be a good time to tell Nick about the guys staying over. Nick has known about them being my friend but he didn’t need to know that they are a band; he doesn’t even listen to music, so I thought I would just tell him the guys are staying over.

“You know Alex and the rest of the guys?” I say to him, knowing he does know who I am talking about.

“Of course I know them, why?”

“Well on the 15th they are coming up to visit, they will be staying at my place for a week,” I say getting excited about the thought.

“Alone, with you?” he said, the look on his face growing curious but also kind of jealous.

“Well you can stay over to, if you want?” I said hopefully, I would like to spend some quality time with the guys but I would also like them to meet Nick.

“You know, I would actually like that,” he said his face softening, looking at me lovingly.

“That’s awesome! For the whole week?”

“Yeah, do you want me to, cause we have never done that before and we just had a fight so I thought you wouldn’t want to but I can pack up some clothes and stuff and stay at your place for the week, it would be great to meet the guys that control you,” he jokes.