Suspicions

Chapter 9

During the summer, Hermione's fear grew bigger and bigger. What if Severus had forgot about her? Why hadn't he sent her a letter in all these weeks apart? She enjoyed the time she spent with her parents, she was so happy in her muggle neighbourhood. But something was missing. He was missing. Every day, every hour her fears grew and her mind couldn't focus on anything but Severus.

It was a couple of days before Harrys birthday and the trio meet up in Diagon alley to purchase all their school books together. Throughout their visit Hermione seemed to be quieter and more worried than usual. Harry had caught the worry on her face, but he didn't want to pressure her. Before they all went their separate ways, Ron told Hermione that he would contact her by owl, when she was allowed to stay at his place at the end of summer before school restarted.

Once Hermione arrived back home from her day out, she heard a knock on her bedroom window. A charcoal black raven holding a letter in its beak, was banging on the glass. Grabbing her attention. She opened the window and stroked the black bird gently on the back. Hermione sat down on her bed and opened the letter. She read it out loud in order to understand every word perfectly.

My Little know it all,

I miss you every hour of every day. You are constantly on my mind. I haven't and can't contact you much, due to my position on the dark lords ranks. Please don't forget about me.

S.S

She pressed the letter to her chest for a while. Admiring every word he wrote. Hermione searched her trunk for some parchment and a quill.

Dear Severus,

How can I ever forget you? Please stay safe during the summer. My days and nights are empty without your presence. Harry is suspecting something is wrong, but he hasn't asked me about it. Please send me another letter with your news as soon as you can.

Yours sincerely Hermione. X

She gave the raven a treat before sending him on his way with her letter. For the rest of the summer, Severus sent her several letters and the daily prophet, she requested for him. She eagerly waited for them every week. She couldn't wait for the new semester to start.

Hermione got word from Ron a couple of weeks later, for allowing her to stay with him until Harry arrived. She arrived at the burrow a couple of days before Harry and the three friends was reunited once more.

Whilst Hermione was there she was still receiving letters and the daily prophet from Severus, although she wouldn't tell Ron and Harry who the sender was. Harrys suspicions were growing by the day, until he couldn't keep them to himself anymore.

Hermione was standing outside, enjoying the calm summer breeze on her face and admiring the stars that twinkled above. Harry eventually joined her as they were on their own for once without Ron.

"Hermione, What's going on? You've been getting letters all summer, but neither me or Ron have been sending them. You can talk to me you know." Harry stood by her side

"Harry, I'm getting ready for the new school term. I'm talking with Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick about my assignment." Hermione guilty explained. Lying to her best friend's face.

"Assignment's? The school year hasn't even started yet. Just relax 'Mione! You're going to put stress on yourself for no reason. Just take it easy, ok?" Harry worried about his best friend sometimes. She was certainly the brightest witch of her age.

"I'm fine Harry, Honestly!" Hermione knew Harry cared about her, but she could handle herself. She need anyone fussing over her.

He accepted her words and didn't want to start a fight. So he let her be, although he still wasn't entirely convinced. She was getting news of the wizarding world from Severus' letters and the Daily prophet's he sent her. But the summer felt like a century without him.