To Good To Be True

Chapter 6

"Miss Granger?... Are you here to ask about the homework assignment?" Severus asked whilst noticing there was still a few Slytherins 5th years packing up. As Hermione waited behind after class.

Not long after that, they were finally alone. Once they knew for definite that no one would burst in. Severus walked over to the girl and kissed her on the lips. As he had been waiting all lesson to do.

Severus continued to kiss the girl softly. "Do you have plans this weekend?" Hermione asked, holding him back slightly to his annoyance.

"I really think we should talk about the homework assignment" Severus now moved away from her, avoiding the question.

"How would you feel about joining me on a stroll in the forbidden forest?" Hermione moved closer to him. She was looking down at his desk whilst her finger traced the wooden edge. Avoiding his eye contact, too scared to know the answer.

"Do you really think that's wise? Being seen together inside Hogwarts grounds?"

Hermione released the breath she held in, sighing deeply. Already knowing his answer before she asked. "Okay fine. it's a bad idea."

She thought of another idea, desperately wanting to spend time with him. "What if we stayed here? I could leave dinner early. Tell Harry and Ron I'm studying in the library" Hermione suggested, placing her hand next to his on his desk. Entwining her little finger with his.

"Maybe you should... go to the library." Severus voice grew gentler. Observing their entwined fingers and making devious eye contact.

"Why would I want to do that?" Hermione playfully asked. Moving nearer to the man. She knew this was all hypothetical and he didn't mean his words.

"So your classmates don't suspect you've lost interest in your studies." Severus' thumb rubbed soothingly against her bony index finger, causing a desire they both wanted to meet.

Hermione gazed into her professor's eyes, longing to feel his aged skin. "Too late..." She bit her wickedly. Tempting him to take her in his desk at this moment.

Before Severus could act, his 1st year class burst through the door. Disconnecting their desired gazes for one another. Hermione stepped back rapidly and began to walk off.

"So are we clear on the homework assignment, Miss Granger?" Severus taunted across the classroom, acknowledging her over the heads of his first years.

"Yes, sir." Hermione replied with a smile before closing the door behind her.

Hermione went on with her day as normal. Accompanying Ron and Harry at dinner in the great hall, and every now and then exchanging looks with the stern potions master situated across the room. She was finally happy. Her relationship with Severus was growing moderately in time. On top of her blossoming love affair, Hermione had Umbridge to deal with and her Owls prepare for.

That night Hermione got her head down in transfiguration books and started to revise for her exams, that would shortly be arriving. She got that caught up in her studying that she didn't realise, the Gryffindor common room was now empty.

Hermione called it a night and took her books up to bed. What she didn't expect was to find an owl waiting for her. She discarded the books on her nightstand, sat on top of her neatly made bed and held the letter warily. Who would be sending an owl to her at this time of night?

She opened the envelope carefully. Once she unfolded the paper, she began to read. As her eyes scanned over each inked word, her heart dropped and the inside of her mouth dried in disbelief.