The Angels take Manhattan

To everyone who commented with the correct spelling of Cavs, I do know how to spell it, seeing as my parents are both from the Cleveland area. It was auto corrected by my phone and I haven't been on this account since the Little Goddess (Last One-Shot in this collection) was published over a year ago.

You're curled up on the couch with a mug of tea when Gabe shows up. He materializes behind you and yells, "Hey, (y/n)!"

"Shut up. Doctor Who's on!"

You moved from London when you just out of university, a degree business and the things you couldn't live without followed you all the way to Cleveland, Ohio. You may have fallen in love with Cleveland, and its spots for that matter, but you still acted like a Brit, even after seven years.

You met Gabe four years a go while watching a Cavs* game in your favorite sports bar. He admitted he didn't know much about the team, he'd only recently moved there. Before the night was out you had made plans for coffee, so you could educate him on Cleveland sports. Slowly you fell in love with his sense of humor and candy addiction. He in turn couldn't get enough of your Britishness and love for sports.

He told you a year after you met him he loved you, you'd known you loved him for awhile but were afraid to tell him. Soon after he told you he was Gabriel, the archangel. At first you didn't believe him, but eventually he convinced you.

Suddenly you felt your sectional dip beside you. Gabe wasn't a big Who fan, but he knew better than to bother you while you were watching it.

The episode your watching, The Angels take Manhattan, neared the end and years welled up in your eyes. Gabe wrapped his arm around you as you watched two companions, two fictional people you grew to love, jump. A gust of relief fills you when they pop back up. Only to be crushed awhile later when the surviving angel gets Rory. The tears begin when Amy gives herself to the angel so she can be with Rory. You bury your head in Gabe's chest as you cry for fictional characters. You cry for the doctor who lost two more friends. He may not be the same actor but he is still the same man who helped you adjust to a new country; who you only knew from old tapes of your mum's.

Gabe rubs circles on your back and hands you another mug if tea. He knows how much you love this show, your link to your birthplace.

Slowly he reaches over and grabs the remote. He flicks through the channels till he sees Iron Man 2, your favorite super hero movie. He leaves it on hoping it cheer you up. Soon enough though you're asleep against his chest.

*Cavs. The Cleveland Cavaliers a pro basketball team.