VIII. Realization

MAJESTY

It's only been a day since the attack on our home and I still refused to go anywhere. I don't know who's watching at this point and I'm not in a position to defend myself right now. There hasn't been anymore commotion since the incident and Karon has men outside our around the clock. Even with this extra security, it doesn't even safe enough or me or my girls to be here anymore. This just doesn't feel like home anymore, but this situation is not the only reason I feel this way.

Truthfully, I've been with Karon so long because I was afraid to start over. Afraid to start fresh with two daughters and no real source of income. Instead of figuring out a way I can provide for myself, I let this man shit all over me and my heart for years. I'm beautiful, educated and come from a loving family so I really don't have an excuse as to why I let Karon dog me out all these years. All these years, I've been telling myself love is enough and love has been enough! But it's not anymore. I need loyalty. I deserve loyalty, cause I've been more than loyal to a man who doesn't even deserve a fucking kiss on the cheek.

The fact that Karon isn't even here right now is pissing me off. A nigga almost attacked me less than 48 hours ago and he's still out running the streets. Yeah, he got his soldiers outside, but that's not enough for me. I know he's out there tryna figure out who sent that man, but it's the principle.

Chance has also been hitting my phone every now and then to check up on me. Just the fact that I was on his mind brought a smile to my face. He's kinda breath of fresh air for me. He came out of nowhere and reminded me that I'm a prize and deserved to be treated as such and nothing less.

My parents agreed to let the girls go to school from their house for the week while it cools down. Of course they insisted I come with, but I'm not leaving my home. Not on these terms anyway. On top of the crazy that has transpired, I haven't even really sat down and fully processed the fact that Karon may have actually knocked one of these thirsty, money hungry bitches up. Although, he denied it I don't believe him. It's not like he gives me enough security to trust him because I'm always dealing with something when it comes to these bitches.

I know Karon's charm though. It's that same charm that entrapped me so many years. I was infatuated with the man. He wined and dined me, took me places I would've never even dreamed of going, and introduced to the life of luxury. I soon came to realize it came with a steep price, my dignity and self respect. How can I respect myself when I let Karon constantly disrespect me by sleeping with different women while I'm waiting up at home. I allowed it though and I can take responsibility. I let my fear of being a single mother cloud my judgement and somehow now I'm here. Shit has officially hit the fan.

Speaking of Chance, he asked me to go to lunch with him. As much as I wanna say yes, in what world could I be out with another man in broad daylight? Karon got eyes all over the city and the last thing I want is to get Chance caught up in some shit. So unfortunately, I had to decline.

You know I can't just go out to lunch with you. You know I'm taken.

Chance: Okay so then I need to see you down at the office. I need to do a follow up exam and make sure everything is healing properly.

Lol oh so you're gonna pull the doctor card on me?!

Chance: How's 1:30? My office.

I didn't respond because I don't want to give away how excited I really am. This man is persistent. It's so many things right about him. For the last decade of my life, I never even thought twice about being with another man. I've been completely enthralled with Karon and pleasing him. Loving so blindly that I almost wasted my life away on a man who can't even meet me halfway. Maybe it's just time for me to do something for myself.

With that being said, I threw my phone down on my bed and squealed in excitement. Of course, Karon is gone from sun up to sun fucking down so I can get ready in peace without him asking me a thousand questions. I got up and made my way to the closet so I can pick out something to wear. I can't do too much because Karon's security still follows me around and I don't need them reporting back to Karon. I don't got time for that drama, seriously. I might kill Karon if he ever lay his hands on me again.

I decided on a simple outfit because I don't want to come off as thirsty. I found this cute orange and black graphic t shirt with some distressed shorts I'd had in my closet for awhile. I paired my fits with gold jewelry, my orange and black 1s and my black Prada crossbody. I threw on some lipgloss and did a light beat. Don't get me wrong I'm a pretty bitch, but I been looking exactly how I been feeling lately. I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume, grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

I stopped in my tracks when I almost tripped over a small, brown box that was sitting on my front porch. The two security guards Karon hired rushed to my aid.

"Get the hell off of me. Im fine!" I scoffed, annoyed that they're literally watching my every freaking move.

I picked up the small box only to see it had no type of shipping label or return address on it. Knowing how heavy things are right now with the recent turn of events, anything could be in this fuckin' box.

"Miss, we'll take that. Karon would have our heads if we let you open this box," one of the guards said in his deep baritone.

I smacked my teeth and rolled my eyes before snatching the box back. I used my keys to cut it open and instantly shrieked and dropped the box once I saw the contents on the inside.

Inside the box was a pinky finger, but not just any pinky finger. It looked to be a child's finger and I don't know what kind of message this motherfucker is trying to send, but message fucking received. The security guards instantly start scanning the areas making sure there wasn't anyone around. I don't know how or when this was dropped off, but the fact that they were able to get this close again to where I lay my head put a terrible feeling in my stomach. I felt sick. Physically sick.

I pulled out my phone and instantly phoned my mother.

"Ma, where are the girls?" I asked as soon as my mother accepted the call.

"Playing out back with their papa, why? Is everything okay, Maj? Did something else happen?" my mother started questioning. I could hear how worried she is just by her tone.

"Oh okay. Everything's fine, ma. I just gotta bad feeling and wanted to check on my girls," I lied.

Truth is, I want to go get my girls right now, but their home is not safe anymore. Their home is no longer their home.

The security team watching my house already alerted Karon of the situation so I felt no need to call him just for him to tell me the same shit over and over again. I thought the worst of it was over, but this shit really just getting started.

It's getting serious y'all! Let me know what y'all think!

Comment and Vote!