III. Drownin'

MAJESTY

When I arrived at the club, I texted Skye to let her know I'm here and parking. Her man owned the club and I was invited so I didn't have to wait in any lines. I checked my makeup in the mirror one more time and reapplied my lip gloss before getting out of my car.

I did my hardest to push that message I saw earlier to the back of my mine, but I just couldn't shake the thought of Karon laid up with yet another bitch. It's not like I haven't been through this before, but I hate that Karon even gives these bitches enough confidence to even step to me crazy. It's time I put my big girl panties on and show him that there's plenty niggas out here willing to fill his shoes and show me how a real man should treat his woman!

Skye had me on the list as VIP so I went straight despite the ugly stares I got from those waiting in lines. Oh well, I could care less about a hating ass bitch tonight or Karon for that matter. Only thing I'm focused on right now is having fun and forgetting about the constant bullshit I face everyday.

"Hey girl, you look bomb! Two kids where?!" she joked making me laugh as I hugged her and followed her up into our section in VIP located on the top floor of the club. She handed me as a drink as soon she walked up. Patron margarita, our favorite drink back in college.  Still the same ole Skye.

"Thanks babe, you look great but that's nothin' new!" I complimented back and got comfortable in my seat.

My feet were lowkey killing me already, but I know how to walk in heels so it ain't nothing to a bad bitch.The loud music that filled my ears had me on a wave right now. It felt so good to just out the house and not worrying about shit for once. It's been so long. Too damn long! Going out tonight also made me realize that I definitely need to get out more because I don't go nowhere between Karon and girls I'm always occupied.

I scanned the club, there were niggas of all tax brackets everywhere. You had your big time money makers up in VIP and the broke niggas were scattered on the dance floor, probably begging for a dance and trying to come up real quick. I'm worried though. Mostly everyone in this city knew I was Karon's lady so I doubt a nigga pop stupid tonight. Now these bitches are a whole different story.

Act Up by City Girls blared through the club's speaker. I sang along as I sipped my margarita and danced along to the music. I'm definitely starting to feel this drink.

"I so needed this night!" I told Skye and she laughed.

"I know you did girl and that's why I had to invite my girl out tonight so you can get a break and just be worry free for a night," she replied, making me smile.

She always meant well and that's why we stayed friends all of this time. She's a genuine soul and also my kid's godmother because honestly I wouldn't trust anyone else with my girls!

"I appreciate you, babe. Now let's go shake sumn'. We ain't come out and get fine to sit in VIP all night!" I urged her as I downed the rest of my drink.

Drink number one down, plenty more to go.

Me and Skye danced the night away as the drinks quickly took control. Lucky for us we didn't have to pay for drinks since Skye's boyfriend signed the checks around this bitch. So we pretty much been downing drink after drink cause fuck it why not?

I felt a presence between me as I whined my body to the Reggae that was now blaring through the club speakers. Oh, they trying to get somebody pregnant up in here tonight.