II. Tell Me Lies

MAJESTY

One thing I never ever pretended to be is perfect. I know I'm far from it and being perfect isn't something I strive to be. I just want to be good enough for my kids. I make mistakes and I always bounce back from em. That's how you learn and gain wisdom in life. The more you experience, the smarter you'll move. At least, that's how the cycle is supposed to go.

Ever since I've been with Karon, I've never really had to work much. Karon made sure I was good since the moment he's met me and I can admit I'm a little spoiled. That's partly the reason it's always so easy for me to forgive his wrongdoings. Cause he had me when no one else did. That sounds like a weak bitch excuse, but that's what it is. I have dreams of my own though, especially since the girls were born. I want to open up my own kids boutique, but I have no idea where to even start
But if Karon keeps fucking up, I just might have to set some things in motion to make sure me and girls straight if shit goes left with me and Karon. It's time I learn to live for myself and take care of myself.

Right now, I'm just leaving the girls school after dropping them off. I'm headed to meet with a mentor of mine. I met her back in college. She was one of my old business school professors and we've kept in touch since I graduated. She had me by twenty years, but honestly she gives me some of the realest advice. I'm meeting her at my favorite Jamaican spot.  We meet there often so I'm excited to see her, catch up and get some good food.

I pulled up to the spot ten minutes later and turned my car off. I checked my hair and reapplied my clear gloss in my mirror before grabbing my purse and my phone. As I walked inside, I heard a deep, masculine voice speak to me.

"Excuse me, ma," he said politely, holding the door open for me.

I was in awe. I don't know if it was his deep chocolate skin, the perfect white teeth or the obvious fresh lineup he'd clearly just gotten. Lord, I'm a taken woman but I would risk it all for his ass.

"You aight?" he asked with a laugh.

Now he thinks I'm weird.

I smiled shyly and tucked my hair behind my ear, "Oh sorry. Let me get out your way," I replied.

"That's too bad. You know you beautiful right?"

"Thank you, that's very nice of you. I'm taken though," I said, making him chuckle.

"Respect, let me save myself the time then. But, if I ever see you again, I want your number and we'll see how long you're taken," he winked before walking off towards his car.

I shook off the encounter and shoved it to the back of my mind. Even though I'm lowkey salty that I didn't even get his name. Chances are I'm never going to see him again. Not that I necessarily want to, but the negative energy Karon has been dishing out to me really has me ready to call it quits. Maybe some new testosterone in my life is exactly what I need.

I walked inside and found my mentor browsing on her phone at a table over in the corner. She sipped her drink before looking up and noticing me. She smiled warmly and gestured for me to come sit down. After getting settled, we both ordered our food.

"So how've you been? I haven't talked in almost a year!" she asked cheerfully.

"I've been good. I'm still at home with the girls so my life is pretty boring for the most part," I admitted, "I'm really thinking about opening up that kids boutique though which is why I called you here. I need to know where to start."

For the next hour, she gave me some connects and advice on how to get started while we ate our food. When we finished, I threw our plates in the trash and hugged Angela goodbye. She reminded me to call her once I have everything figured out. I left feeling good about our conversation. I left with some new wisdom and a new attitude.

I asked my mother earlier to pick the girls up from school because I didn't know how long my meeting with Angela was going to be. I'm headed home now since I don't have anything else planned until later.

A good friend of mine from college who I don't get to see too often texted me earlier asking did I want to go to her boyfriend's club opening tonight. I didn't respond yet, but chances are, I'm going to go. I needed a night out with someone other than hating ass friends and a night away from Karon. I know the girls are going to be good with my parents. They love going over there so I know they're in good hands.

I texted Skye and let her know I will meet her at the club and she quickly responded. Now I just have to find something to wear and do my hair. After successfully digging through my huge closet that I also share with Karon, I finally found the one. A black jumpsuit with a deep v cut in the front putting my cleavage on full display.

"Oh you popping out tonight bitch!" I said to myself.

I took a short nap because I'm not trying to be all tired in the club. Now that I'm fully awake, I climbed out of my comfortable ass bed to go take a shower. I can't stand a bitch that act like she can't get her ass in the shower.

After my shower, I lotioned my body down and slipped into my outfit. I squealed when I saw how good I looked. Damn girl, you just might bag you a new nigga tonight.

Sike. I'm too lovestruck over Karon's dawg ass.

My phone chimed letting me know I had a text. It's probably Skye letting me know she's leaving or something. I unlocked my phone and opened the message but it definitely wasn't Jalise.

My jaw dropped wide open at the message.

While you think your nigga out here working, he really here with me 🤪

The message even contained a picture of MY Karon and this mystery bitch laid up in bed together. My heart filled with rage and disgust as I begin to sob quietly.

Why does he do this to me? Why do I continue to allow it? Something's gotta give. I don't know what but enough is enough. I hope whatever that something is reveals itself tonight. As for Karon, that bitch can have him. I'm about to go out and show my ass tonight! It's time to get even!

vote and comment! chapter 3 coming soon!