IV. Playing Games

MAJESTY

I woke up to a swollen eye and a pounding headache. I whimpered softly as I gently cleaned my face. It was still stained from blood from Karon's raft last night.

I sighed, enough is enough. I don't understand what's so wrong with me going out and enjoying myself every once in awhile. My whole life revolves my children and Karon. He's so insecure because he know he out here doing me wrong. He just doesn't care enough to leave the hoes alone.

I get compliments and asked out all the time, but I would never disrespect Karon the way he has disrespected me and our marriage countless times. All that is about to change though because me and my girls need a change. I don't my girls to grow up and ever think it's okay to put a man's happiness before their own. I'll be damned if they go through what I go through on a daily with their father.

Away from this life and all of this constant chaos, they deserve to grow up in a peaceful home where their mother and father aren't fighting all the time. They don't need to see us putting our hands on each other nor do they need to see me upset and crying all the time at the hands of Karon's abuse. I'm just sick and tired of it all.

Since I have to go pick my babies up around three, I'm going to run some errands first while I don't have my hands full. My first stop is to get this hair done so I gave myself a quick wash and blow-dry before throwing it up in a ponytail. I got dressed and grabbed everything I needed and made my way out of the house.

Three hours later, my hair is finally done and Im about to make my way to pick up my girls. I miss them way too much and it's only been a day. I hate being away from them, but I desperately needed that night out. Despite the drama I walked into when I got home, I had a good time with Skye. Something in me told me Karon would trip about me going out so I was already mentally prepared for some shit to start when I got home.

Matter of fact, I need to call her. I scrolled down to her contact while carefully still paying attention to the road. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey girl, I totally forgot to call you when I got home last night," I said.

"It's all good girl," she laughed, "I'm surprised your drunk ass made it home. I had fun though! We definitely need to do that more often!"

I laughed, "Well your man is the one with the club so just let me know and we can make it happen!"

She laughed, "Of course of course! You know that man gives me whatever I want!"

"Well alright girl, I'll talk to you later. I was just checking up on you!" I said cutting the call short.

"Okay girl," she says.

I reached up to hang the phone up since my phone was mounted but before I could press the button, I felt my body fling forward. I shrieked as I looked up for a split second before darkness consumed my body.

My eyes fluttered open slowly but my surroundings are blurry. I whimpered as this sharp pain instantly consumed my body. I finally got a glimpse of where I am. A hospital room.

My whole body ached so bad. I had a leg brace around my left leg and my right arm was in a cast. I can't see my face, but I'm pretty sure I'm all bruised up. Even more than I was before.

I sighed heavily and threw my head back on the pillow. I glanced at the window and noticed it's dark outside. I know my parents are probably worried sick by now and the girls are probably wondering where the hell I am. Karon, I'm not so sure. Most likely he doesn't even know anything is wrong yet.