Chapter 13

A big thanks to their_all_taken for their kind words, this chapter's for you! 

A Rose Among Thorns

Chapter 13

Joseph

As the sun set once again, I was woken by arguing, and I recognised the voices of my mate and Tabitha and Oscar, who was trying to calm her down. Her scent made the thirst for blood even stronger, and I knew I had to separate yet another fight to get my breakfast.

"Jesus Christ, Tabs. It's only makeup!" Oscar was obviously trying to contain his laughter.

"I don't need it, I look fine without it!" And I heard a thud, as if something heavy had been knocked over.

"Stop making a mess, you're like a child!" Julie sighed angrily, as I looked around for some fresh clothes, this was the third time I'd fallen asleep fully clothed, and my room was covered in mud.

"I will once you put those brushes away!"

I followed their voices and I realised that they were in Tabitha's room, somewhere I'd never been for fear she'd go crazy again. She'd been fine since then, even handing me the necklace after twelve hours for me to keep safe.

Her room, strangely enough, also had the windows covered by huge, heavy curtains. The bed had a mountain of clutter, presumably moved from the desk that had been turned into a dressing table, courtesy of my mate. Tabitha was backing against a wall, where Julie was chasing her with a hairbrush.

"When was the last time this godamn mane saw a hairbrush? You're not going to a ball like this, you look like you've just survived a horror movie!"

Tabitha saw me and rolled her eyes, walking to the chest at the foot of her bed," You're always thirsty at the worst times." She grumbled to herself, taking out a knife.

Something ruffled my hair as it soared above me, and the freaky shadow returned with a cup just as Tabitha cut along her palm once again.

"Eww, that's disgusting!" Julie said, turning away at the sight of her deep red blood. I for one, couldn't look away.

"We'll I'm not having him latch on so you can pounce on me thank you very much." She said through gritted teeth as she cut her healing hand once again.

"You're scent stinks enough as it is, do you mind not making it worse?" Julie was even covering her nose at this point.

"She doesn't smell." I said, confused. It was one of the few werewolf powers I actually had left. Each person has their own distinctive scent, and whichever gender you're attracted to smells the best.

"Really? She's always smelled like onions to me." Julie peeked over her shoulder, then gagged and turned around again. Tabitha snorted and rolled her eyes.

"She smells like rain to me." I laughed as Tabitha passed me the cup. I tried to down it as fast as I could as not to freak her out further.

"What do I smell like?" She said, still looking at the drapes. Tabitha went to sit down, shaking away the dizziness from blood loss.

"Much better, it's like...baking. Like walking into a kitchen and someone's been making cake." I mumbled and rubbed the back of my neck. Setting down the cup, I went over and touched her hand," The best scent in the world."

"Excuse me while I vomit into the blood cup." Oscar muttered, slyly picking up one of the brushes while Tabitha's back was turned.

"Oh shut up, toothpaste." Julie laughed at her brother," Tabitha, where's the mirror?"