Confusion

Carmen's POV

Huh? I was extremely confused. I sniffed the air and smelled the intoxicating scent of.....Oranges and Chlorine? But, that was Mason's smell the night we....Oh, shit. I can't handle this. I felt my eyelids closing and my back drooping towards the floor. Distantly, I felt arms catch me and a yell for help. I tumbled down into my subconscious....

-$&&$–<@&%-$&%+@+%-%-

I woke up in the infirmary. I checked the clock. I had been out for a half hour. I heard a relieved shout and the unknown man came in. "Thank the Moon Goddess you're okay!" he said happily, hugging me. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I noticed this guy's facial and bone structure resembled Mason's, so he must be his older brother?

The unknown man let go and I watched him for a moment. "Who caught me when I fainted?" I asked in a quiet voice. There was a brief silence. "I did." the unknown man said. His voice was very melodic and smooth. "Who are you?" I asked. He laughed. I liked the throaty sound of his laugh.

"Me? I'm Marshall. Marshall White. And you are?" he said. I took a second to collect my thoughts. "I'm Carmen Dodge." I replied. Marshall's eyebrows raised a bit. I could tell he recognized my name. "Cool. Anyway, I think we need to talk." He said, obviously tired of beating around the bush. I couldn't blame him.

"You and Mason were closing in on your 1 year anniversary when I found that you were my mate. The night of your anniversary, I sought help from a witch. She changed my scent and appearance to match Mason's and when we got in bed together....Well, you know. And then boom! You're pregnant." Marshall explained.

The pieces of the puzzle fit together. "And your sister-in-law Melody almost killed my baby when she pushed me down the stairs." I said harshly. Marshall's eyes flashed at her name. "Don't remind me." he said angrily.

&$++%--@++$ (Time skip to 6 months after...)

I collapsed against the pillows, breathing hard. "Congratulations, Beta Carmen, it's a girl!" Lana said. I smiled weakly and released Marshall's hand. "Told ya so!" I said smugly and I saw a faint blush appear in his face. "I know, I know. Lana, how much does she weigh?" he asked. Lana weighed her. "Holy Cheese doodles! 9 pounds, 13 ounces!" she answered. I raised my eyebrows. That was pretty heavy.

"The name?" Lana asked. Marshall and I glanced at each other. We'd decided on the perfect name last week. "Dallas. Dallas Olivia Dodge." I said. I saw Lana write it down on the birth certificate. She handed it to use to proof read.

Certificate of birth:

Name: Dallas Olivia Dodge

Gender: Female

Birth weight: 9 lbs 13 ounces

Born to: Marshall and Carmen Dodge

Date of birth: June 15th, 2014, Monday 9:45 a.m.

"Looks great. When can I go home?" I said, handing the certificate to Marshall. "I'm guessing about tomorrow." Lana replied. I did a little fist pump as my baby girl gave a yawn. "Oh, Marshall, I forgot to mention this to you. Dallas will have dyslexia when she gets older." I said. Marshall looked unsurprised. "I figured. My mom's dyslexic." he replied.

The door burst open. Mason came flying through right up to Lana. "Get them out of this ward! My wife says it's time to come here!" Mason said. I was beyond pissed and so was Marshall. "Mason. This is not-" Lana tried to say but Mason cut her off. "I need them out!! Their stupid brat can go with them!!" he barked. I sat up, suddenly not tired.

Marshall growled. "Mason. Leave now. You're upsetting my baby." he said. Mason snarled at him and his gaze went to the sleeping Dallas. I clutched her protectively. Mason lunged towards me and tried to tug Dallas out of my grip. I felt Maia go on the defensive.

I let Maia in control and she bit Mason's arm. "Get away from my pup you stupid bastard of a man!!!!" she growled at him. Mason let go and I held Dallas closer to me. "Get out now!" she ordered him, pointing towards the door. He obeyed and left. Maia gave me back control.

"Marshall, would you be okay with taking more of the paperwork since I'll be busy with Dallas?" I asked. Marshall kissed me gently on the lips. "Anything for my mate." He said so only I could here. I blushed and smiled thankfully.

_____________________________________________________________________

Aww, protective parents! So anyway, I had a really hard choice between the name. Dallas or Haydon? I finally decided on Dallas as a first name and used Haydon for a middle one.

Second upload of the double post! Remember, one chappie left! The good news is, this will be a trilogy.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!

7/15/2014 A/N: Changed Dallas's middle name to Olivia. I have serious inspiration for a new book. Yay!