Almost

Carmen's POV

The days and weeks slipped by and each was the same. Beat the Omega. Beat the Omega. I couldn't take it anymore. One day, I ran out into the woods with the entire pack, including Curtis, chasing me. I climbed up a redwood tree and went to the top of its 400 feet.

The air was fresher and clearer. I saluted the sky. I looked down and picked Morgan out from the crowd. I saluted her and spread out my arms. "Goodbye, selfish pack! May the rogues eat all of you except Morgan!! Mama, Daddy, I'm coming!!" I shouted. Then I jumped out away from the tree, and fell.

I was falling fast. I put my arms to my side and saw the ground rushing up to meet me. I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact. I would soon be The Fallen Omega.

_____________________________________________________________________

Morgan's POV

I rushed towards Carmen's broken body. I checked for a pulse and didn't find one. I checked again and felt a faint one. She's in cardiac arrest. I thought. I picked her up as best as I could. She was light, too light. I carried her up to the infirmary and set her down on a bed. I readied the paddles and shocked her. No effect. Again, no effect.

I kept doing this without success until I turned it up to the highest volt. I shocked her. Her body arched and slammed against the bedframe but her heartbeat started up again. She woke up and looked at me. "Why didn't you let me die? I want to die! Just let me die!! I can't take it anymore! Please, just let me die!" She begged. My own eyes filled with tears.

That was why she had jumped. It was a suicide attempt. It almost worked. The door opened. "Hey Morgan, who's gonna cook our breakfast?" Someone asked. My anger grew quickly. Carmen had almost died and all they cared about was breakfast?

"WHO'S GOING TO COOK OUR BREAKFAST?!?! IS THAT LITERALLY ALL YOU CAN SAY?? YOU ALL JUST DROVE HER TO SUICIDE!!! YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID TO ME WHEN SHE WOKE UP? I WANT TO DIE!! PLEASE, JUST LET ME DIE!! WE'RE A PACK!! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE KIND, CARING, SUPPORTIVE, AND CLOSE KNIT!!! THIS POOR GIRL IS FORCED TO DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY HER??? BY BEATING AND ABUSING HER?!?!!?? AND WORST OF ALL, HER OWN MATE DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE HER AS SOMEONE WORTH LOOKING AT?!?!? YOU DISGUST ME!!! YOU ALL DISGUST ME!! GET OUT OF HERE!! I ranted.

Whoever it was ran to get the Alpha. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. The door opened and Curtis came in. " What are you here for?" I snapped at him. I stood between him and Carmen, not moving. "I'm here to help my mate." he said. My anger flew out of control yet again. "YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH TO THE POOR GIRL!!! SHE'S TERRIFIED OF YOU!! IT'S NICE TO KNOW YOU ONLY ACKNOWLEDGE HER AS YOUR MATE WHEN SHE ALMOST DIED!!!" I bellowed.

Curtis slunk out and went back to caring for Carmen. "I'll help you get out of here. I know someone you might like to meet. Her name is Jordan Rivera. Tonight, you escape." I whispered. She nodded.

_____________________________________________________________________

Carmen's POV

Morgan was willing to help me. I was thankful. I couldn't wait to get out of here and find that Jordan person. I always felt like something was missing in my life. Maybe this Jordan could help. I fell asleep, trying to regain my energy.

_____________________________________________________________________

Wow. Just wow.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!