Gone

Carmen's POV

"Thanks, Jordy. The creepo tried to pin me down." I said as we approached our own lands. "No prob. Let's go see Aunt Kaedon. And maybe later Skype with Aunt Evie and Grandma Storm and Grandpa Alex." She said. I heartily agreed. My Aunt Evie was Alpha of the White Star pack in Ontario while my Grandma and Grandpa were Betas of the Estrella pack in Spain. And here we fit in, in Nova Scotia.

"Dare, Mike, Kels, Jo. How you holding up?" I asked. I knew Darren and Michael got motion sickness. I didn't know about their mates. There were a couple of weak okays with strong ones. I stuck one thumb up and kept driving. Then my favorite song came on the radio. I turned it up. Jordan laughed and the boys groaned.

I used to rule the world, seeds would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own.

I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in our enemies eyes. Listen to the crowd sing "Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

"Woo! I love this song! Turn it up, Cece!" Kelsey shouted. Joan agreed. I turned up the volume. The guys groaned and I saw them plugging their ears. Yeah right, like they don't have werewolf hearing. I laughed and turned it up even louder, knowing it got through their hands and into their ears. "YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM COLDPLAY!!!" I shouted over the music. Jordan laughed again and the boys kept groaning.

Be my mirror, my sword, my shield, the missionaries in far in field. For some reason I can't explain, I know once you go it'll be worse. Never and honest word, that was when I ruled the world.

Us girls sang along to the entire song. The boys eventually took their fingers out of their ears once I pulled out the Coldplay CD case, which happened to have this song on it. "And that, girls, is how you get these guys to do whatever you want." I explained to Kelsey and Joan. I kept humming the tune to the song under my breath.

For some reason I can't explain, I know St. Peter will call my name. Never an honest word, but that was when I ruled the world.

_____________________________________________________________________

Curtis's POV

I chucked things around my office, Josie was trying to calm me down but she couldn't. "Curty, please calm down! Please, you're scaring me. I've never seen you this angry- oh. Carmen was your mate, wasn't she?" Josie finished. I answered with a head nod while I threw a clay pen holder that one of the pack children had made for me at the wall. It broke in three pieces and I felt bad.

"CARMEN DODGE YOU WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!!!" I shouted as loud as I could. If she was still within range, she would hear it. I slammed my fist on my desk, making a giant dent in it. I rubbed my sore hand.

I finally calmed down and sank down to the floor in a corner, looking at my destroyed office. Not fun. Is it? River asked arrogantly. I only sighed. No. Is this what you went through? I asked. I heard a growl in his voice as he said yes. Everyday since you rejected Carmen. He finished. I was left speechless. I had fucked up. Majorly.

Yeah. You know the story of that wacko, Jeremiah? You're taking the first steps down the path that he took. I suggest you pull yourself together before you go insane like he did. River said. I agreed. I remembered the story of that guy. He beat his second chance mate to death and hunted down his first one all the way to Spain.

Now mine was gone. I had my second chance and I intended to treat her nicely. I swore to myself I wouldn't end up like him. I thought more about his story, how us second chance had gone into early labor with triplets and only one survived. The surviving baby was named Brandy. Wait, wasn't that the name of Carmen's mother?

If it was, then that means Carmen is related to a insane, though thankfully dead, man. I had no idea whether that was hereditary, but I was hoping it wasn't.

_____________________________________________________________________

And there you go! Curtis is smarter than he let's on. *Gasp* It looks like he's finally starting to unravel Carmen's mystery family. Can he, though? I'll be here all weekend, feel free to bug me.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!