Stuck

(A week later...)

Carmen's POV

A week ago Morgan told me that. A week ago. My beatings were getting progressively worse and more frequent. The worst part was when my mate, or shall I say ex-mate, used me as a personal servant and whacked me with a baseball bat when I wouldn't get whatever he wanted fast enough.

I ran to the kitchen where dinner was waiting out on the counter. Tacos for a pack with 350 people including me in it. It would be insane. I heard the front doors opening and put the taco meat on to cook. Sure enough, there was stopping down the stairs. "Omega, what are we having for dinner?" Someone, a teen girl, asked politely. Wow, that's new. "Tacos." I answered. She fist pumped and ran back upstairs to tell her friends.

If only my parents were still alive. My mom died when I was 1 and my dad died when I was 3. I had no one in the world and the only thing I ever wrote to Santa for on Christmas was to be free. I'm still waiting, Santa. I left the meat to cook and I ran around the house, washing windows and polishing hall mirrors. I only got back downstairs just in time.

I sent plate after plate of tacos and I longed to have some for myself. My dinner was two slices of bread and a lump of cheese, like in Harry Potter, I think. I cleaned so much while everyone was eating that I passed out point blank on the floor. I woke up to getting beaten for sleeping on the job. I had to lay there for a minute, waiting for my fractured rib to heal.

When I got back down to the kitchen level to retire for the night,  Morgan was waiting for me. "Carmen, pack your stuff and I'll wake you at 4 a.m. to leave." she whispered so only I could hear. I nodded and went to my little stair cupboard. I packed up everything I owned in a duffle bag and fell asleep.

It seemed like only a few seconds later that Morgan was waking me. Without speaking, we both ran out of the house and towards the edge of the boundaries. I was about to cross when the patrol stopped us. Morgan was denied food for 4 days and I was to be whipped in the morning for trying to escape. Guess who was to oversee the whipping? Curtis. Lucky me.

The next morning I walked down into the dungeons with fire in my eyes. I looked Curtis dead in the eye, put up the middle finger, and said "Fuck you!!" They used a silver whip and my back smarted. Curtis stayed behind to beat me. "You sewer rat! You filthy maggot!" I yelled between kicks in the ribs. I spit out blood on him and he hit me harder. I soon got up and limped off. "I hope your happy. You just destroyed any chance that I would forgive you." I muttered to him as I went past.

_____________________________________________________________________

Curtis's POV (Finally!)

"I hope your happy. You just destroyed any chance that I would forgive you." Carmen muttered to me. I felt guilty. She would have the scars from the whip on her back forever and it was all my fault. What kind of a sick bastard am I? I had spent my entire life, waiting for my mate and I rejected her.

I slumped upstairs and fell face first on my bed. I looked around for something to drink so I could get rid of my pain. I didn't find anything. My bedroom door opened and one of the girls who slept around wandered in. "Wanna have some fun, baby?" she purred. I grunted in displeasure and left. Then I stopped myself. Wait, I had spent 16 years not giving a crap about Carmen, why now do I care?

I asked through the pack link for Omega Carmen to come to my office. She did. "Omega, I hope you know you can't talk to me like you did." I said. She glared at me. "I hope you know beating is illegal." she answered. I slapped her sharply across the face. "DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!!!!" I yelled. She looked at me, terrified. Comfort her. My wolf, River, said. I can't. I answered. He cut off our link.

"I wish I never had a mate!!" she yelled. Everything she said was ringing with truth. Why wouldn't she- oh. "The Moon Goddess made a mistake, mating me to you." she said. The words stung painfully in my heart. "No, you're the mistake." I answered. Her eyes filled with tears and she put her middle finger up to me and ran out of my office.

By the time I went to chase her she was running towards the edge of the boundary with her stuff. She stepped across the line before I could get her. She disappeared into the woods, her scent fading the second she stepped over.

_____________________________________________________________________

Carmen's POV

I looked around for the River pack, which is where Morgan said Jordan was. I finally got a general idea of where to go and I stepped over their line and waited to be caught by the patrol.

_____________________________________________________________________

Whoop! Carmen escaped! Break out the champagne we gonna celebrate!!!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!