Promises And Secrets

We reached the restaurant and the waiter got us menus, Joey loved to try different things and as soon as she got the menu she started shuffling through the selections. As for I, I was just happy to be with her at that time regardless of what I ate. Joey ordered for both of us. If someone asked me that what I ate that night I couldn’t answer but I could answer how her hair looked and how beautiful she looked, how her dress was and how stunning she looked in it. It was happening all over again and I couldn’t stop it because it felt so good. The date was going so far so good; it was my first date with Joey, the one I can never forget…

I remember how she blushed when she noticed me looking at her and how she asked me to stop it and I told her that I couldn’t. It was true; I was mesmerized by her beauty. After dinner we started walking towards Joey’s home.

“Tonight was wonderful.” – She said

I looked at her and said,

“Yeah, for me too.”

We walked quietly for some time, and then Joey said,

“Aaron.”

“Yes.” – I replied

“Please don’t hurt me.” – She said

I looked at her and there were tears in her eyes, I turned at her and held her tight in my arms, my chin resting on top of her head and her face buried in my chest and at that moment I said,

“I will try my best not to, Joey. I can never think of hurting you.”

She looked up at me; there were still tears in her eyes. I cupped her face in my hands and wiped her tears.

“You are the best thing that has happened to me Joey and I can never think about hurting you. So please don’t worry yourself because I won’t ever hurt you.” – I said looking directly in her eyes

And then she held me tightly, her face buried in my chest and I stood there holding her as if protecting her from everything.

At that time I had no idea what made her cry, why was she asking me to not hurt her? But I thought it was time to ask her.

She pulled back and said,

“Let’s go.”

I nodded and then held her hand tightly and said,

“I won’t ever let anything bad happen to you.”

And then we continued walking towards her home, my one arm wrapped around her shoulders as we walked. We reached her home; I stood at her door and kissed her.

“Do you want me to stay?” – I asked

She nodded in approval and I went with her inside. I sat on the couch while she went to her room to change. I also took off my coat and tie and sat there waiting for her. At last she came dressed in her night clothes and sat beside me. I wrapped my arms around her and she rested her head on my chest.

“Something bothering you?” – I asked

“No.” – She replied, I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was lying but I dared not push her into telling something she wasn’t comfortable talking about.

“Why did you ask me to not hurt you today?” – I asked

She looked up at me, pain clearly seen in her eyes and she said,

“Because I don’t want to repeat my past again.”

I looked into her eyes and all I could see was pain. She seemed like somewhat I was when I was hurt but her situation looked graver than mine.