Part 15 - Addison and Dan

Phil’s POV

Dan had lied sleeping next to me all night, but I hadn’t closed an eye. I was such a fucking idiot. I made a decision in anger, and no decisions should be made, when you’re in a statement, that isn’t truly you. Such a fucking idiot. I went to the film festival’s movie premiere in hopes of winning. But if I won, which I happened to do, it would be almost impossible to hide it from Dan. It was going to be shown on television. What was I thinking? This could actually be it. This could be the point of our relationship, where Dan simply couldn’t trust me enough anymore to be in a relationship with me.

Maybe he would hate me. He probably would. I went behind his back, because he wasn’t safe with me being together with Noah. He wouldn’t let me go because of that. What do I do? I go with Noah. Just like I promised I wouldn’t do. I know now. I didn’t think things through. I just made actions without thinking about the consequences. So the only thing I could do was to wait and see what happens. What I feared the most was us breaking up. What I predicted was us breaking up. So yeah… I guess I deserved it.

Dan’s POV

It was weekend and the weather outside was sunny. I was sitting outside with Addison and drank a smoothie.

“It’s a long time ago we’ve done this.” Addison said.

“Well, the weather has been quite shit so,” I said.

“Yeah, but I’ve missed it.” I smiled to her.

“It’s a long time ago we’ve had a talk.” I said.

“That doesn’t sound very nice.” she answered.

“Didn’t mean it like that.” I said and laughed.

She chuckled.

“But on a serious note, I haven’t really asked you how you’ve taken the whole ‘dad’- thing?” I said.

She looked at her smoothie and shrugged.

“I don’t know. To be honest I kind of miss him, even though I totally disagree with all of his opinions.” she said.

I nodded.

“It must be harder for you?” she said.

“It has been. Not anymore. But you know, I also kind of miss him. Or maybe not him, but having a dad at home. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain.” I said.

“I understand,”

There was silence for a while.

“How are you and Phil? Any trouble in paradise?” she asked and gave me a goofy smile.

I chuckled and shrugged.

“It’s… Fine,” I said.

“Fine? What does that mean?” she asked with a lifted eyebrow.

“Well… Ok, like you said, we two haven’t talked for a while. And a lot of things have been going on actually. First of all, this guy called Noah has started in our class. And Phil knew him before that. They were in the same video editing class together back at Phil’s old school.” I started.

“Video editing class. Is that even a thing?” she asked.

“I know, right? Anyways, they started hanging out a lot. Apparently they were working on this short film, they could show to a movie festival in town.”