Part 9 - Noah and The Giraffe

Dan’s POV

Things were going well. Mike and Jeffrey had been expelled from school, not just for beating up Phil, but they were already on the limit of getting expelled, for smoking in school and earlier incidents with some of the teachers. I wasn’t sure what really happened, it’s just rumors going on at school, but I actually didn’t care. They were gone now, and I was fine with that. And even though the other students in class used to hang out with them, they didn’t seem to care either.

My dad moved out a couple days after the announcement. I hadn’t spoken to him since. But it was better not talking to him at all, than hearing him tell me I’m a failure at life for falling in love with a person, the same gender as me. My mu m was having a bit of a hard time, but it would get better, I just knew that.

Right now I was waiting for Phil outside his house. He was quite late, which was odd for him. Suddenly I got attacked from behind, by someone who jumped on my back. I screamed and fell to the ground. When I looked up, Phil stood there laughing.

“Are you out of you mind? You almost gave me a heart attack!” I said.

“That was the purpose.” Phil answered.

“Ha-ha, funny. Help me up.” I said and reached my hands out, for Phil to grab them.

When he did, I pulled him down to me, so we kind of laid on the ground on top each other. I pulled him real close.

“You know perfectly well that you can’t live without me.” I said to him and with a smirk.

“I would like to tell you, you’re wrong, but I could never tell that big a lie.” Phil said.

He always knew just what to say. I love him. So I kissed him. And then he pulled me up and took my hand and we walked to school.

“Take out your books and find page 48.” Mrs. Wilson said.

I sighed. Then someone knocked on the door.

“Oh god, that’s right! Class,” mrs. Wilson said and walked over to the door, and pushed a boy forward.

“This is Noah, and Noah is going to be in your class. Noah, can you tell the class a little about yourself?” she said.

Noah was about the same height as me, he had blond, wavy hair, dark skin, was wearing a t-shirt and skinny jeans.

“Oh my god, I know him.” Phil whispered to me.

“What, how?” I whispered.

“We went to the same school, before I moved here. We both had video editing as an extra subject. Crazy we ended up the same place. We were actually really good friends.” Phil said.

It was like I got hit in the stomach. Not hard, but still. I felt kind of insecure about the fact that they knew each other. Noah looked at the class, and then smiled. He seemed like a smart-ass.

“Hi. I’m Noah, and I moved here from Rossendale with my mother. In my free time I play volleyball.” he said and nodded.

Mrs. Wilson also nodded.

“Yes, good. You can take the seat next to Thomas.” she said.

He had almost walked past Phil and I, but then he noticed him. He stopped and walked back.

“Woah, Phil?” he said.

“Hi.” Phil said awkwardly.

“Oh, you know each other? That’s just wonderful! In the break, can you show him around school, Phil?” she asked.