Part 6 - Everything was going right

Phil’s POV

When I walked out my door the next morning, Dan was the first person to stand outside waiting. He smiled at me, and I returned the smile.

“Good morning!” he said joyful.

“Good morning? Why so happy?” I asked laughing a bit.

“Oh, just because I’m ready to go to school.” he said.

I looked at him confused.

“It’ll be a fantastic day!” he said.

“Dan, are you being serious?” I asked.

“Well, not completely. I’m overreacting a bit, but I mean it when I’m saying I’m looking forward to school.” he said and smiled.

I smiled to him.

“Well, I’m glad about that.” I said.

We walked through the doors to our school, and started walking down the hallway. Suddenly I could feel Dan’s fingers intertwine with mine. I looked at our hands, and then at Dan. Dan just kept smiling and looked straight forward like it was the most natural thing he had ever done.

We were sitting in the cafeteria and were eating lunch. Dan had been totally open to everybody today. They even sat down at our table because they wanted to hear more about our relationship. It wasn’t too personal though, it was mostly “Was it hard to keep it a secret for the whole school? When was it you got together? Are you in love?” and Dan would just answer them honestly.

“I gotta go to the bathroom.” I said to him and left.

I was so incredibly happy. This was probably the happiest I have ever been. Everything was going right. I walked into the bathroom and did my business. Then I washed my hands. Then I looked in the mirror and noticed 3 boys standing behind me. I turned around in shock and looked at them. It was Jeffrey and Mike from class, and a guy named Will from another class.

It went really quick. From standing a few meters behind me, to standing right in front of me and hitting me in the stomach. I fell down on my knees, and tried to catch my breath again, when I got kicked on the side, right on my ribs. I lay on the ground and writhed in pain. Then one of them spat me in the face.

“You fucking fag! You think you can just come here and turn Dan into a fag like you? You fucking faggot!” Jeffrey said and kicked me in the back.

I yelled in pain.

“Just so you know, this isn’t the last you see of us, fag.” Mike said.

Jeffrey came down next to me.

“And if you turn us in for this, you better believe neither you OR Dan will be able to walk again. We will be there when you expect it the least.” Jeffrey said and stood up again.

I coughed, but stopped immediately, ‘cause it hurt too much.

“What do you want from me?” I whispered, because it was all I could manage.

“We want you out of the school. That’s all you have to do. You just have to fuck off.” Jeffrey said.

Then he kicked me in the head.

“Fag.” He said, and then they left.

20 minutes past by where no one came in. I couldn’t stand up in pain. I was kind of lying in my own pile of blood coming from my nose. A tear rolled down and hit the floor. Moments later I heard the door open. I got scared, ‘cause what if it was them again? More pain incoming…

“Phil?!” I heard the person say, and that person was Dan.

“Oh my god, Phil!” he said and rushed down to me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, afraid of him being here, if it happened that the bullies came back.

“Are you asking me that? It’s been 20 minutes, and you never came back from the restroom, Phil. Who the hell did this to you?!” he said.

“It was Mike, Jeffrey and Will.” I said.

“WHY?” he yelled.

“They said something about me turning you into a fag, and that they wanted me out of school, probably so they could have you to themselves again.” I said.

“I’ll fucking beat the shit out of those mother fucking…” he started.

“DAN, NO!” I shouted, but soon regretted shouting, because my ribs hurt like hell.

“But Phil, we have to tell a teacher, or the principal! Or the police? We could tell the police!” he said.

“Dan! We can’t! They said if I told, they would make sure that neither you nor I could walk again.” I said.

“Well, then I have to…”

“They’re three, and we’re only two. Plus you know they’re much stronger than us.” I said.

He got silent for a while. Then he got tears in his eyes.

“But… But we have to do something, Phil!” he said crying. I started crying too. “I don’t think there’s anything to do.” I said.

“We’ll think about that later,” Dan said and angrily wiped his tears away.

“Right now we’ll have to clean you up and get you home. There’s an half hour ‘til school’s dismissed.” he said and went over to get some paper.

He put water on the paper and started cleaning my face from blood. I could clearly see the tears form in his eyes again.

After about a 15 minutes’ walk, which is the most painful thing I’ve ever done, we’d managed to get me home in bed. I lay in my bed, with my eyes closed, and breathed heavily. Dan lay on his side with his hand supporting his head, while the other hand stroked my hair. I opened my eyes to look at him, and the tears just rolled down his cheeks. I’d held back my tears to stay strong, until now. Seeing him cry made me cry.

“Dan…?” I asked.

“What is it?” he asked again.

“Hold me please.” I said.

“You’re hurt.”

“It doesn’t matter.” I said.

All I wanted was Dan’s comfort, so I could care less about the pain right now. He moved a little closer to me and snuck his arms around my body. I started breathing a little faster, both because of the pain, but also because it sent sparks through my body when Dan and I were so close. He moved his head real close to my neck. I could feel his breath against my neck, and it sent chills down my body. Then he moved his head further up so we were staring at each other. A tear rolled down his cheek, and then he kissed my hard on the lips. His nose sometimes hit mine, which hurt like hell after the kick in the face. I got sucked into the kiss as usual, but then Dan pushed me a little further against himself, and I groaned in pain from my back. He quickly let go of me and pulled himself a little away.

“Sorry.” He quickly said.

“It’s all right,” I said and smiled.

“It was worth it.”