Chapter Two.

Thanks for the reads guys! It means so much! More will be coming soon!

This chapter is dedicated to @Shannaparker because she's an amzing writer!! Go read her stuff, she's amazing!!!!

:)

Become a fan and I'll give you a shout-out in my next chapter :)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter two:

I guess I was quiet for some time because he chuckled and stood up, giving me a crooked grin.  I stood up too, my eyes still on his. I shook my head, trying to get back to reality, as I grabbed the phone and mumbled thanks as I walked past him. “Well, wait,” He said as my hand grabbed the door knob. “You’re not going to introduce yourself? Tell me your name or who you are?” the grin never left his face. I looked back and smiled the best I could, “Ruby,” I replied as he reached for my hand to shake it. “Chris,” he said walking towards the door, motioning me to follow. It was really nice of him to take the time to talk to me, but I really just wanted to go home. I was tired and not really in the mood to make small talk. “Need a ride home or something?” He asked nodding his head towards a shiny white pick-up truck. “Oh no, it’s okay, my place is just around the corner. I’ll just walk thanks though,” and just as I was about to say nice to meet you he replied quick, “Alright, we can walk.” I was taken back when he said ‘we’. I didn’t really know what to say back so I just started to walk as he followed. I liked walking with him; he kept pace and didn’t need to be talking the whole time. “What was up with those guys in there? They looked pretty mad,” he was talking about Anthony, the one in the café. “Oh…. uhm, he dropped his credit card and I…uh accidently stepped on it, no big deal,” I replied keeping my head down. He didn’t question me, I like that. I was thankful he was walking with me when I saw two guys up ahead. I knew these boys, they’d bothered me before.  Chris was pretty big, tall and muscular. As the guys got closer they walked towards me saying things that were making me uncomfortable. When they were in arm distance Chris walked up and put his arm around me and the two boys stepped back and walked away. I couldn’t help but smile. As we walked up the apartment steps, I was surprised when he didn’t walk away. He followed me up to my room. I really hope he isn’t some robber or raper, but he didn’t seem to cause any harm. I unlocked my door and walked in and he stopped at the door, I looked at him. His skin was tan and he had light brown hair. He had dark brown eyes and broad shoulders. He had two diamond earrings and you could see a tattoo on his bicep. “Do you want me to leave?” he asked, I guess making sure I wasn’t uncomfortable. I looked at the clock, it was only seven, not late enough for people to assume the wrong thing. “No, you can stay if you want to. I’m not much fun, but you’re welcome to stay.” He grinned again as he walked in and shut the door. He lifted a pillow off the couch and sat down, looking around. He laughed and I looked at him confused. “Do you like pink?” he asked pointing around the room. “Yeah, it’s my favorite color,” I replied over my shoulder, I turned on the radio and walked into the kitchen to make some tea. I grabbed the oven to keep my balance. All the memories came flooding; the phone call, the alley, the hospital. Tears came to my eyes and all the breath escaped out of my body when I heard footsteps in the door way. He was hesitant, “need help with something?” he asked coming closer. “No, I’m fine. Do you want something?” I asked pointing towards the fridge. He walked over and grabbed a coke. He thanked me as we walked back in the living room.  “Tell me about yourself,” he said. “You’re mysterious, I want to know more.” “Hm, there’s not much to know I said, you?” “Don’t change the topic Ruby, tell me,” he sounded persistent. “Maybe someday you’ll know everything.” I tried to grin the way he did, but it didn’t work. Just as he was about to say something else, my phone rang. I walked over to my backpack. I groaned as I read the caller id. “One sec,” I told Chris as he nodded. “Hello?” I asked, bracing myself for the storms to come in.