Chapter Six

Thank you so much for reading. If you're reading this and you have something of yours you'd like me to read, please comment it and I will check it out!

_______________________________________________

There were so many people in the house and we hadn’t even made it past the first room.  I felt sick. I hadn’t been around this many people since my grad party, which got way out of hand.

The house didn’t seem to end, maybe that was just me and my hesitancy, but it seemed to keep on going. I guess I hadn’t noticed but Chris had a hold of my hand, I flinched to let it free, but he grabbed on to it tighter. As we walked, he gave some people a wave and the rest a nod like some kind of movie star. He walked like he had somewhere to go. He turned a corner, my hand still in his, revealing a huge stair case. He started up the stairs and at the top revealed rooms, hallways, and another large staircase. I pulled back, nervous, and he laughed.

“Ruby, don’t worry I’m not trying to pull anything on you,” he smirked and proceeded up the second stair case.

At the top, there were more hallways and rooms. He walked for a bit and turned down a hallway with double doors at the end, the music had dulled to a hum and small bumps.

He turned to me, “You’re really quiet, are you okay?” He asked with concerned eyes.

“Yeah, I’m good. Where are you taking me?” I said with a laugh.

He laughed too and opened the door to a game room. It was empty and quiet.

“I didn’t want to overwhelm you right away; I guess I figured we could start here. This is my favorite room in the house, apart from my room. It’s just so quiet and-”

He continued talking while I looked around. My mind wandered back to that night and I shuttered the memories out of my mind. I really need to try to have fun.

“Ruby?” Chris said, now standing in front of me. I shook my head and returned my full attention to him. “I can tell you’re not having fun, come ‘on, I’ll take you home,” he nodded for me to follow.

“No, no! I’m having a good time, really!” A smile lit up his face. I hadn’t noticed how truly happy he looked when he smiled. It was refreshing to see. To be honest, I really haven’t been around many people since “it” happened.

I smiled, “I bet I can beat you in pool!”

He replied with a smirk and a wink, “No, I think I’m going to need to help you.”

Chris was really easy to be with. Very easy going and he didn’t make me uncomfortable. He made me laugh very easy.

I guess I hadn’t taken the time to stand back and see what he really looked like. He had broad shoulders. He was very tan with a hard, defined jaw. He had brown hair and bright eyes.  He had a very easy smile.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the doors open and a large group of guys started walking towards us, Chris looked at me quick.

“Hey, listen, some of my friends are douches and they say some weird things. Please don’t mind them, I’m sorry in advance,” as they walked closer he stopped whispering. “Hey guys.”

“Well who do we have here?” This came from a very tall blonde guy. I could smell alcohol.

“Guys this is my friend Ruby,” said Chris, almost annoyed.

The same guy from before spoke up again, “Is she from Tennessee?”

Chris raised one of his eye brows, “what?”

“Because she’s the only ten I see,” he turned around to get a handful of high-fives and fist bumps from the people he came with.

I could only imagine the look on my face. Chris tried holding in a laugh, but it didn’t work to well.

“What about me?” one of the other guys chimed in, and that sparked a whole new laughing fit.

Chris shook his head and grabbed my hand and was started to walk out of the room when the tall blonde guy smacked my butt.

Chris turned around more annoyed then before, “come ‘on now, don’t be a dick,” I smiled a bit as he turned back around and kept walking, shaking his head and mumbling something.

When we got out in the hallway he started taking again, “I’m really sorry about them, you’re probably uncomfortable, and I should of-”

“No, really it’s okay.”

He looked relieved as he turned back around and started walking down the steps. I pulled my phone out to check the time really quick, it was only 10:00. This was going to be a long night.

As I was checking the time, I saw I had forty-nine unread text messages, seven of them being from Tiffany. People are really getting sick of my being down. I need to change.

We walked back into the main floor and he looked back at me and smiled, I just need to take a deep breath, and have a good time.