Chapter 13

Elevated - RKCB (Christofi Remix)

"Excuse me, are you here for Naruto Uzumaki?" the doctor approached them and stopped in front of the group, his face impassive.

The six stood. "How is he?" Tsunade asked, her eyes watering in fear of him being dead.

"He is stable but asleep. He lost quite a lot of blood," the doctor commented but then smiled. "He will be fine, would you like to see him?" He asked. The group nodded eagerly and they were led down a few halls until they reached a room. The doctor opened the door and stepped in, letting them in as well. After they entered, he closed the door behind him and left them with the sleeping boy.

Sasuke was the first to take his seat in the spot beside the blond. Naruto was looking pale, probably from the blood loss. Otherwise, he seemed peaceful. Tsunade took her seat on the other side of the bed. Neji, Gaara and Kiba squeezed into the couch at the foot of the bed. Shikamaru leaned up against the wall with his arms folded.

They remained like this for at least two hours. Most of them had received text messages from girlfriends, parents, siblings but they all said the same thing. They were with Naruto. They weren't lying, they just weren't telling the entire truth. They had begun to doze off, none of them were aware of the blond boy shifting on the bed until Sasuke felt his hand being grabbed.

The raven's head shot up from being startled, catching everyone's attention. They all looked up to find Naruto smiling slightly and holding onto Sasuke's hand almost like one was about to arm wrestle. The Uchiha's eyes watered before he suddenly launched himself at the blond, capturing their lips in a kiss. Naruto was startled at first but eventually kissed back, his hands coming up to cup the raven's cheeks

"Don't you ever scare me like that dobe," Sasuke spoke softly, their foreheads rested together. Tears prickled in his eyes as he tried not to cry. He hadn't realized before how he felt for Naruto until it was nearly too late.

Naruto smiled and nodded. "I won't," he promised.

The next thing they knew, it had turned into a group hug. None of them wanted to let go of the blond until they knew that they had to get the doctor. Tsunade went and got a doctor to make sure he was fine. After making sure he was fine, Tsunade somehow talked the doctor into letting them take Naruto home since she used to be a doctor. Since they all squeezed into one car, Gaara had Temari come pick him, Neji and Shikamaru up from the hospital while the other four went with Tsunade.

During the car ride, Tsunade discussed that Naruto would not be allowed by himself and that someone would have to stay with the blond while she was busy volunteering at the hospital. Sasuke agreed on spot, much to Naruto's delight.

It didn't take long for them to get into the swing of things. Of course, everyone somehow figured about Naruto's attempt in his own life. They never found out how though, Sai probably had something to do with it. Naruto and Sasuke had yet to talk about the kiss at the hospital but it didn't feel awkward between them like one would think.

"Hey... can we talk about what happened at the hospital?" Naruto started hesitantly, glancing up from his phone slowly to look at Sasuke who was reading a book.

"Which part?" the raven asked, glancing up from his book to look at the blond.

Naruto looked away. "The kiss," he answered, growing anxious.

Sasuke put his bookmark into his book. "What about the kiss?" He asked, not understanding.

Naruto's eyes watered slightly. "Did it not mean anything to you? Or were you just playing with my feelings for you?" the blond asked, pain laced in his voice.