Chapter 1

Sleep Thru Ur Alarms - Lontalius

"Naruto, they're dead" the other line of the phone echoed.

A few hours earlier

"Naruto! If you don't wake up you'll be late for school!" Kushina called from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'll be down in a minute," Naruto called back, pulling his orange V-neck shirt on. His necklace hung around his neck, the teal crystal resting on his chest. The blond wore white skinny jeans and a pair of white converse. He grabbed his phone as well as his headphones and stuffed them into his back pocket. He grabbed his bag and made his way downstairs.

"Good morning mom," Naruto kissed her on the cheek on his way towards the door.

"Good morning, aren't you going to eat?" She asked.

"I can't, I'll be late," he replied but Kushina shoved a piece of toast into his hand.

"You can't go hungry," Kushina smiled.

The blonde chuckled. "Thanks mom. Love you," he kissed her cheek again gently. "Have a good day at work, tell dad I said the same to him. Be safe, see you later," he called as he exited the door.

"Bye, have a great day at school," she called back as he left the house.

Naruto stuffed his ear buds in, listening to some Linkin Park as he ate his toast. After the lead singer of Linkin Park died, he had been listening to their music more often. After a few songs, he arrived at school and made his way to his class. There were already students in the hallway making their way to their classes.

"Naruto!" A certain dog boy exclaimed, suddenly glomping the blond boy.

Naruto barely managed to keep himself from falling over. "What is it Kiba?" He asked after regaining his balancing and pulling an earbud out.

"Nothing, I just wanted to jump on you," Kiba replied, letting go of the blond.

"Did you just say you wanted to jump Naruto?" Their redheaded friend asked from behind them.

"No, I said jump ON him," Kiba emphasized the "on".

"I swear you said you wanted to jump him," Gaara replied, at this point he was really just teasing the dog boy.

Kiba huffed, looking away, he knew that he stood no chance against Gaara. "Do I see a certain duckbutt?" Naruto smirked, his heart fluttering at the sight of his long term crush and best friend.

"Shut up dobe," the raven rolled his eyes. "And my hair does not look like a duckbutt."

"Yes it does," Kiba cut in.

"Shut up Mutt," the raven muttered, his arms crossed over his chest. Kiba only huffed as the three continued their walk, Gaara, and Shikamaru joined them along the way. They chatted as they made their way to class.

They took their seats and continued to chat, Kakashi-sensei wouldn't be there anytime soon anyway. He was always late, and by late, class was usually half way over by the time he got there.

"So Kiba, are finally going to confess to Hinata?" Naruto wiggled his eyebrows, grinning devilishly.

Kiba's cheeks flushed at the mention of his crush. "Eventually," he answered hesitantly.