Chapter 2

Medicine - Daughter (Sound Remedy remix)

After calming down, if only a little, Tsunade came down the hallway, she was the principal after all, looking just as distraught as Naruto. She immediately helped him up and hugged him. While holding the blond in an embrace, Tsunade asked Gaara if Naruto could stay at his place for the day. The busty woman knew of Naruto's crush on Sasuke and thought it best not to stay with Sasuke. Gaara agreed despite his confusion.

"I don't understand. Who died?" Kiba asked, looking underlay confused.

Tsunade sent Kiba a look that shut him up. "Naruto's parents," she answered, gently stroking the blond's hair as he steadily calmed down.

The five, aside for Gaara, were struck with a look of pity for the blond, all of their eyes widen.

"Naruto... I..." Sasuke started, feeling at loss with words.

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence. I don't want your pity," the blond suddenly hissed. They all chose to keep their mouths closed.

"I want all of you to head to class. Gaara and Naruto you stay with me," Tsunade ordered, the others complied and headed to their next class which they all shared. It was gym.

Gaara took Naruto to his house and let the blond rest in his bed, he never used it anyway considering he was an insomniac. Naruto lie in the redheads bed, curled up into all ball with the blankets wrapped around him protectively. Gaara's eyes saddened at the sight.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, standing in the doorway, peering in at the blond.

"No thanks," Naruto muttered, facing towards the wall.

"Want anything at all? Something to drink? To watch a movie?" Gaara asked, not wanting to see his best friend so upset.

"Yeah, I just want to talk with you. I don't care what about, just anything," Naruto's voice cracked, followed by a sniffle. Gaara only nodded despite not being seen and made his way into the room. He pulled a chair up to the bed, placing it at the bed's side.

"How about we all go on a double sat to cheer you up? Kiba invited Neji and I, Shikamaru is going with my sister, Temari, and Sasuke is apparently going with Sakura. Maybe we could find you someone," the redhead suggested, sadly he only made the blond's mood worse.

The already broken boy just broke a little more. "No thank you. I'm already in love with someone," he answered.

Gaara was taken aback and was feeling a bit hurt that his friend couldn't trust him enough to tell him who. "Then why don't you ask them out in the double date?" He suggested.

"They're taken..." Naruto's eyes watered at the thought of Sasuke and how much he loved him even though his love would never be requited.

Gaara frowned a bit at the blond's saddened tone. "Who is it?" He suddenly asked, wanting to help his best friend out. But Naruto remained silent, debating on if he should tell him. "It's fine if you don't want to tell me, I'll wai-"

"It's Sasuke," Naruto interrupted.

"Huh?" Gaara asked, not sure if he heard that correctly.

"I'm not repeating myself," the blond muttered, pulling the blanket closer to him.

"You're in love with Sasuke?" Gaara asked, feeling a bit awestruck. He didn't even know Naruto was gay, last he heard, he had a major crush on Sakura. "I thought you had a crush on Sakura."

The blond sighed softly. "I never had a crush on Sakura, I just pretended to like her to throw everyone off guard," he explained, frowning a bit to himself.