« imagine: insecurities/ chris schistad (trigger warning) »

While looking at your appearance in the mirror in front of you, you saw not a single thing that you liked. Last month you chopped your long hair off, because you thought it was a good idea - now you hated your long bob. Sighing you put your hair in a low bun. Sighing again you took a look on your hips - strech marks. You felt the tears stinging in your eyes as you began to remove the thick layer of makeup. All you could see was your big nose, big pores, a few pimples and your thin eyebrows.

"Are you coming to bed", you heard Chris scream as the first tear escaped your eye.

"Just a minute.", you answered, your voice sounding thick. 

"Hurry!"

You singhed and finished your bedtime routine. 

You took another glance in the mirror, not liking what you saw. Instead of just going to bed in one of Chris' shirts you decided to put on some pants. You have never liked your legs. Too short, too fat. 

"Babe.", there was his voice again. 

Even after almost two months of dating Chris you couldn't believe that he really settled for a girl like you. You were far from perfect. You thought that all the girls he had before were so much more beautiful than you could ever be. 

"Babe!", this time his voice was closer. Turning around you saw him standing at the door. 

"What?"

"Where you crying?", he asked worried. 

Instead of answering you just shook your head, tears brimming your eyes again as you turned your back towards him so he couldn't see the tears that were ready to escape your eyes. 

"What's wrong?", he asked softly while he engulfed you in a hug. "Talk to me. Please.". 

"It's nothing.", you answered quietly. 

"It's not nothing when you are crying because of it Y/N!" 

"Why do you like me?"

"What?", his loud voice made you jump. "What do you mean?". 

"Why would you go for me? You had girls that were way prettier than me. I just don't understand and sometimes I look at myself and I simply don't like what I see and now having a boyfriend like you doesn't help with that. You could have any girl Chris." 

"But I'm standing here with you right now.", he told you after kissing your head. "I don't think you even recognize how beautiful you are. I don't know what you are seeing, but I know what I'm seeing and what I'm seeing is fu*king beautiful!"