Chapter 11, Daddy Dearest

Nasha's POV

"Your father is not to be discussed." my mom said standing ubruptly and exiting the room. Seriously? My eyes changed to and irritated yellow.

The lady in my head, who I now know as Omnia, brought up a picture in my mind. It was a map of the house that we were able to use due to one of my new powers. I could see my mom walking towards her room, stopping suddenly. She waved her hand and a door appeared on the wall. Omnia transported me to the room. We made it so no one could hear, see, smell, sense, touch, or taste us; we practically weren't there. I followed my mom down a passage to a room which I presume to be a dungeon. She went to a certain cell, unlocked it with her magic and entered before closing and locking it again. I let Omnia turn me into her spirit form momentarily so I could pass through the cell bars.

'Strange, you'd think it would be more difficult to get in these cells.' Omnia said in my head.

'There is probably no need. The people kept in here seem to be completely powerless.' I said, reaching out to feel the power of everyone else in the dungeon. There were only a few; all with dark souls angry about being drained of their power.

"Rex?" My mother called, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, my queen?" a oddly familiar voice answered, keeping his back turned away from us.

"Celeste's been asking about her dad. What do I tell her?" she asked, seemingly hopeless about the situation.

"Celeste?" he said in a whisper. "She's here?"

"Yeah." she sighed, looking at the ground.

"Can I see her?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"No! You've done enough to hurt her. Nothing else can happen to my daughter!" my mom all but screamed

"Our daughter." The man said turning around. I gasped when I saw his face. He looked so familiar, and he claims to be my father... But why is he in a prison cell?

"Fine, but that doesn't mean you get to go anywhere near her. She might get hurt." She stated coldly.

"What did I even do to no longer be allowed in my own offspring's life?" He asked with venom laced in his words.

"Nothing, now back to businesses. What should I tell Celeste?"

"Tell her I'm down here in this horrible place because I'm too dangerous to be around her, even though this cell was designed to block my power. If I'm all alone down here, why do you need to block my power? I can't hurt the people that aren't here." He said in an annoyed voice.

"It's just a precaution. Now seriously, I just told her never to talk about you, should I keep it like that? Yes I should." She said and started pacing and mumbling. Was my dad really that big of a deal?

We slowly started to come back, one sense at a time until I was completely tangible. My dad looked at me and smiled, tears coming to his eyes.

"Celeste? Is that you?" He asked, stepping forward slowly. My mom's attention snapped to me.

"Yes, but," I turned to my mom, "why is he a secret and how is he dangerous?" I asked, not sure if I could trust the man.

"How did you get down here?" my mom snapped, ignoring my question completely. I rolled my eyes.

"I followed you." I answered in a 'duh tone. 

"Well you should mind your own business." she said ubruptly.

'You should mind your own business,' Omnia mocked in my head, 'It kind of is my business, he's our father.' she mumbled and helped me look into my moms head.