Chapter 4 Let The Wolf Run Free

Oris Ripper

Oris Pov:

I reached over with my free hand and touched the back of my neck, feeling damp fur that had just rip out from my skin. Wet, bloody fur grew from the torn skin that was continuing to slowly and painfully ripping off of the back of my neck. Tramp wasn't waiting any longer and holding him back at this force was too painful in this from

",C-Carter," I stuttered, my throat fighting to stay clear enough to speak, as I stepped into the room, trying to keep my balance. The skin on my legs and arms also ripping open to reveal charcoal black fur that looked almost looked like some kind of spiky ink, I needed to hurry, in this state I wasn't gonna last very long under Tramp's forceful pushing and Carter seemed to be too shaken to speak.
",C-Carter? It's ok," I said out loud as I walked towards the table that seemed to be the only thing bathing the room in light, which wasn't much. I grimaced at what I saw when I got closer. Holy items, crosses and a book with a man hanging off what looked like a giant cross? What was this stuff? Most of it being new to me I picked up the cross and examined it. It was then I soon realised that the same man hanging on the cross was the same one on the book, only the man on the cross seemed to have a red liquid running down from his eyes and nailed hands, great, just the kind of things you locked a scared kid in a room with. I took a deep breath, trying to easy my raising nerves ached like stabbing needles. "Carter," I called, worry now seeping into my voice, I wasn't sure what to think as Tramp started to invade my mind like a dark mist. I could feel his thoughts dripping into my own like a hot cup of water being tipped onto a large cube of ice, making it slowly melt away. Was he trying to work up my nerves? Was that how he was going to handle this? And he wonders why I don't want pups.

I was about to call out again when I heard a whimper come from the other side of the room, a sad look easied its way onto my face as I placed the item back on the desk and walked over to this frightened young boy who was more then a little confused to what was happening to his body, the boy had every right to be scared or mad at everyone around him right now. ",Carter," I said, Tramp, calming himself enough so I could talk calmly, ",My name is Oris Oakmarry, I-," ",I know who you are," Carter replied in a soft horsed voice, the boy had lost his voice after the whole event, screaming for help, poor kid ",You told mother that I had to go to school..........th-thank you," Carter sniffed as he shifted his Waight, most likely moving away from me. ",Y-You need to leave Mr Oakmarry..........I-I don't know what's going on....I.....I can't control my body.....th-the demon won't leave me alone,". I walked closer to him, my head and hands in full sight, and sat infront of him so I was close enough to see him but not too close so that his wolf would feel cornered and lash out, ",oh no no, who told you it was a demon, Carter?," Hurt slapped in the face at his words and Tramp was pissed again. He was ranting in my head as I continued ",Don't ever call him a demon. That thing inside you, that thing is your wolf, son. He is apart of you," I smiled as Tramp calmed his rage, only able to slightly make out the you get man's scared and confused face ",He is your heart and soul, your mind and will to live. He is your mental support, and your physical support. He is everything you are as you are everything he is, you don't control him, you trust him," I smiled as I turned on my phone, shining the light on us so we could see each other ",Carter, do you trust him?," I asked finally as I rested back, sitting. Carter trembled as he shook his head and hugged his knees close to his chest ",Mother always......said......never let it take over," he sniffed ",that it was the devil...........he damned her with a demon child," he hugged himself tighter ",that I was a monster in her child's once fragile body" I had to bite back some pretty vile words before I could continue speaking. Who would tell a kid that, unknowing of their own situation and ability, how were they meant to take that kind of abuse.

I sighed as a softly grabbed Carter's arm and pulled him up with me, my phone in hand as I speed dialed Jake, my beta to bring his car around, I needed to get this boy to Marcus's house as fast as I could and out of the damned hell whole. But before I could make it to the door I heard the vile woman that called herself a mother speak. ",Why help that thing," her voice was raspy and rough, like she had screamed her lungs out and had voiced all until her finale breath, ", because I'm not heartless vile old hag like you, You don't have the self right to call yourself a mother" I replied, not even glancing at her as I passed her to leave the house. And with that I left the house Carter still shaking in my arms.

Jake didn't take long to get to the house, and we didn't spare any time getting the young man into his car. It was in the moment of worry when that heartless woman heartless woman spoke once more. ",That creature............that thing was never my child! It ate my child!,", With one swift slap across her face she came to from wild out rage and glared at me with a rage only a true mother would be able to muster.

",No he didn't, I looked at your files ma'am, you were due to have a son, but........due to some problems with the birth he was a still born...........I am very sorry about that, it also stated that your husband and you adopted a baby a mouth after woulds..........you tried to forget the son you lost,"

",n....o," she looked shocked. But I felt sick to my stomach looking at her.

",You wanted to replace the one you lost," I continued, not taking any joy in these facts.

",no," Her face crumpled up in confusion and disbelief, refusing to believe the truth.

",Madam, this young man isn't your son," I said finally as I lowered my gaze, no mother should have to go through something as torturous and heart breaking as a miscarriage. But it still didn't justify all the thing's she had put this poor child through.

",S-Sir it's true," the woman softly muttered, trying to contain what I think was laughter? I looked at her taken aback, that was her reaction?

",Oh thank you lord~!," she yelled out loud like an insane being, waving her arms up to the heavens as tho thanking God for rain ",for so long I thought that demon child had come from my own flesh and blood," she tears up as she laughed ", My own womb," tears of joy ran down her face, her emotions broken and trying to find themselves in her mind ",for so long I thought I was next,"

I shook my head as I closed Carter's side door and walked to my side, slipping in and sighing,

",That woman needs help," Jake muttered in a hushed toon, he wasn't much of a ladies man, but he wasn't a bad guy and gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, which he couldn't do in this sad and tragic situation.

Carter was curled up on the seat, fast asleep, as we started our short ride to my brother's packhouse as the sun rose from its hiding place beyond the mountains. I smiled as the sun shone onto Carter's sleeping form, patting his head as I worried about his path that lay right in front of him. It had change largely from what it had once been and he knew nothing of our world or tradition, which made a painful knot in the pit of my stomach. A loud sigh escaped my chest as a soft smile curled onto my lips. But this boy was a strong one, there was no doubt in my mind that he wouldn't make it.

Here's another chapter, tho it is short I wanted to get this up before I leave for holidays tomorrow. I'll try to get another chapter up before I leave, but there no promises.

AS ALWAYS!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

LIKE!

And I'll see you in the next chapter, Boi~!