Blondie Lockes:Chapter 5

I just love the sound of a MirrorCast in the morning. My next episode of Just Right was finally ready. After a last look to make sure my blonde curls looked just right, I went live:

"Who's not ready for Legacy Day? If you want my opinion, I can't wait for everyone to hex out my Legacy Day outfit, not to mention the book-slamming dance afterwards. Am I just right, or am I just right? But, there's one person who doesn't feel like spellebrating. You're probably wondering, 'Who is this... rebel?' Someone with a grudge against a certain big bad Head of General Villainy, that's who. The daughter of Red Riding Hood, Cerise Hood—"

Briar burst through the room, "STOP THE MIRRORCAST!"

I didn't. "Just in time! As you know, Briar, Cerise is hiding a secret! It's Mr. Badwolf. First she unlockd his office before the headmaster's speech. Then she mysteriously vanished to Book End. Next I caught Cerise breaking into Mr. Badwolf's office and then she flipped her hood when asked if she hates the Big Bad Wolf! Why? Because Mr. Badwolf is The Big Bad Wolf... the villain in her story. Cerise wanted to make it look like he ruined our dance, so he would get fired! It just makes so much sense! Well, mostly makes sense, but that's not the point—"

"Blondie, forget the dance!" Briar flipped the switch on the MirrorCast, "The other day, Headmaster Grimm said he's worried about someone not pledging their destiny on Legacy Day! That's what you overheard! When people hear your MirrorCast—"

"BLONDIE LOCKES," a booming voice shattered my MirrorPad. "REPORT TO HEADMASTER GRIMM'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!"

They didn't make me wait. They shuffled me straight to Headmaster Grimm, "This is unacceptable, Ms. Lockes. Using your MirrorCast to spread fables. If you must know, Cerise Hood was excused from Orientation to get school supplies for Mr. Badwolf. You have detention for a week, and, as much as I enjoy your program, if you cause any more trouble, I am closing the book on your MirrorCast forever. Do you read me?"

"Yes, sir," my stomach sank. Poor Cerise... thanks to me, everyone probably hated her. I had to find her... but she disappeared without a trace.