C.A. Cupid:Chapter 6

How could I let Dexter know I liked him as more than just a friend? One day I wore perfume Aunt Aphrodite gave me, but the smell of honey and flowers only attracted bees. Then I tried joining Dexter's Tech Club, but ended up short-circuiting the school's MirrorNet. I even considered using one of my Cupid arrows. No matter what I tried, he never got the hint. Maybe I was destined to be just his friend. I could still admire him from a distance though, right?

I was taking pictures for my muse blog as Dexter's Grimmnastics class played an exciting game of basket-ball. When Dexter made the game-winning shot, I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Can we talk?" It was Raven. She sat next to me, "I'm worried about you, Cupid."

"What do you mean?" I asked as Dexter high-fived Hunter and waved to me.

"The perfume, the Tech Club, the pictures of the boys Grimmnastics class," Raven waved at Daring, "You haven't been acting like yourself lately."

I sighed, "I guess I haven't. I... I have a crush on someone, but he doesn't look at me like that."

Raven hugged me, "You know, a very smart person once told me, 'Follow your heart and everything else will fall into place'."

"That's good advice," I laughed.

"I know. It's what you told me before Legacy Day." As Raven walked away, I couldn't help but reflect. I needed to find the courage to follow my true heart. After all, even myths deserve a fairytale ending.