C.A. Cupid:Chapter 4

"Welcome to Ever After High, Ms. Cupid," Headmaster Grimm's teeth grinded as he grinned.

"People just call me Cupid," I nervously laughed.

"Ms. Cupid," he continued, "These are unusual times. Our school is facing chaos never before seen." He raised a stern finger, "Choice is dangerous to destiny. You must help guide the students back to order. Do you understand?"

I didn't. What was so bad about choice? The heart doesn't follow a prewritten script. Not wanting to make a bad impression, though, I agreed, "Yes, sir."

"Spellbinding, as you kids say!" The headmaster bellowed a hearty laugh. "Now, our most prestigious student will show you around. Ms. White?"

I'll never forget the first time I met Apple White. Her golden hair brightened the room, her apple-red dress magically shined, and birds sang to her laughter. She is, no doubt, the most fabulous one of all, "You must be Cupid!" She hugged me as if we'd been friends forever after. Instantly, I felt like I belonged.

Apple introduced me to everyone... even her roommate (and future villain in her story), Raven Queen. Lastly, I met Daring Charming, who everyone assumed would be Apple's Prince Charming. "We're not dating though," Apple oddly insisted. "I'm way too busy running the Royal Student Council, running the Charming Charity Club, running the—oh, hey, Dexter!"

I couldn't breathe. It was him... the boy from The Charming Family Album. As he cleaned his glasses, I fell into his eyes—blue as Poseidon's sea, bright as Apollo's sun, and big as Mount Olympus itself. My wings absentmindedly flapped. As I lifted off the ground, Dexter shouted, "Um... nice to meet you?" For some reason, I forgot how to talk.