Eyes Wide Open

Erik had been gone a month, leaving Ella trapped in their hotel room in Switzerland.

She had been coming up with plans to harm Erik for leaving her here but at the same time, she should have expected it from the man.

Ella knew what he was like and why he was but, still, it bothered her when he did these things.

After the first week of his disappearance, Ella knew he wouldn't be back for awhile so she began to paint out her thoughts and memories.

One included the last time she saw her mother, whom she missed terribly.
In the painting, her mother had a look of pure horror on her face as she screamed with her arms extended toward Ella as she was taken away from her.

Ella looked at the painting, sad that the memory would never leave her "I thought I told you not to think about her" Ella turned around, startled by the voice "Erik? Where have you been?" she asked quietly and he sighed "I was out getting... information" he explained to her and she glared at him "And where is that going to lead you next, huh?" she shouted.

Erik cupped the girls face with his hands "Ella, this is what has to be done" he said gently to her and kissed her forehead "Mam was nieudane, dziecko*" he murmured and Ella sighed as she hugged him "Mam nieudane Pana, jak rowniez, ojciec*" she whispered back to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eriks new information had eventually led him and Ella to Miami, Florida to the yacht named Caspartina.

Eriks head slowly emerged from the cold water near the massive ship and he slowly swam to the dock where Ella had been sitting quietly, observing the passangers activities "Erik, they're simply sitting I can't detect any move-" "Good" Erik interrupted as he climbed the docks ladder "Who're the people on the boat?" Ella asked curiously "Ella, stay here, understand?" he hissed to her as he hoped over on to the yacht "But, Eri-" she began but stopped.

She decided that, for once, she would disobey orders and followed him quietly when suddenly she heard him yell in pain "Erik!" she cried and ran towards his voice.

His cries continued as she abruptly stopped running to stare at the sight before her, Erik was clenching his head kneeling in front of her mother who was beside Sebastian Shaw, the Black King, and Riptide.

Erik threw a blade at Shaw which her mother grabbed in her diamond form, spun and sent Erik flying off the ship.

"Erik!" Ella screamed as she ran to the yachts railing and extended her hand towards him "Erik, pull yourself towards me!" she screamed, inclining for him to use his mutation on her adamantium claws and slowly he did as she requested, slowly lifting himself toward her until he saw a pair of red skinned arms snake around her waist "Ella, no!" he screamed as she and Azazel disappeared in flames and he fell back into the waters.
Erik could hear nothing but his pulse in his ears as anger took him and he sent an anchor tearing through the ship "ELLA!" he screamed louder as the anchor tore through another layer of the yacht.

He heard noise coming from beneath the ship as the anchor tore off of the massive chain and looked beneath him.

As the submarine moved underneath him, the thought of Ella in it made him use his mastery over electromagnetic forces to pull himself toward the submarine, following it as it descended deeper under water.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella struggled against Azazels hold on her "Let me go, Azazel!" she shouted but Azazels grip only tightened "Azazel, I don't want to use my super strength against you, please" she pleaded with him and slowly he let her go "She's down the hall to the left" Azazel told her quietly and Ella took off running in the direction he told her.

Ella burst through the door to the control room and stopped, staring at her mother "M-mom?" she whispered as her mother turned "Ella!" Emma Frost exclaimed and ran toward her daughter "Mom!" Ella cried as they embraced.

Emma stroked her daughters hair, kissing the top of her head as she repeated the words 'I missed you' over and over.

Ella hugged her mother tighter, feeling her tears falling on her head "I missed you too" she whispered as she too began to cry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When Charles Xavier convinced Erik to let the submarine go using his telepathy, he quickly brought him up to the surface "Get off me!" Erik shouted, shoving Charles away "Calm down, just breathe. WE'RE HERE!" Charles shouted up to the coast guards ship "Who are you!" Erik asked him, struggling to stay above water "My name is Charles Xavier" Charles told him "You were in my head! How'd you do that?" Erik questioned "You have your tricks, I have mine. Just calm your mind!" Charles shouted and Erik slowly clamed himself "They took her" he whispered, slowly realizing he lost her "They took her" he repeated.

They were pulled up onto the ship and Erik continued to whisper "They took her" Charles could not tell if it was out of anger or out of sadness "Took who, Erik?" Charles asked gently "Ella, they took Ella" Erik told him sadly "They took her from me" he whispered to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*1: I have missed you, child.

*2: I have missed you as well, father.