12

"You weren't really mad at me. You just didn't want to tell me something." Mayla was now being cornered by her best friend who had shown up ten minutes after leaving the group chat.

Mayla being as stubborn as she was, has her arms crossed and was denying that there was anything to hide. But her mom and Lizzie had interacted in a way that clearly showed that they didn't just know each other, but they had to have at least been friends.

"And what would I not want to tell you?"

"I don't know, that's what I'm trying to figure out, but you're too stubborn to just tell me."

Mayla had always had a terrible habit of keeping things to herself. She would stall for so long that the other person either forgot or Mayla herself forgot.

"Well, there's nothing to tell sooo."

Scarlett groaned as she buried her face in her hands, "You and I both know that's not true, May."

Mayla was saved as her phone buzzed with a text from Jade, another one of the hairstylist's telling her that she was sick and that Mayla would need to cover her on set that day.

"Well, I gotta go. So this is gonna have to wait till later."

***
"I figured out what happened between you and Lizzie." Chris Evans told Mayla as she fixed his hair for the next scene.

"Really, what would that be?" Mayla raised an eyebrow at him.

"You two used to date, didn't you? And don't say no because it's pretty obvious when you're around each other."

Mayla rolled her eyes at the smirk Chris was giving her, "You would be the only one that's noticed, so I don't think it's that obvious."

"I feel so special being the only one knowing."

"I'm going to slap that smirk off of your face."

"Wait so Scarlett doesn't know?"

"No and you're not going to tell her."