Prologue

"Come on, please?" Scarlett pleaded after her best friend had already told her no several times. "I want you to be my date to the premiere, please?"

Mayla shook her head again, there was no way she was going to this movie premiere and running into her.

"It'll be fun, please?" Mayla groaned as she looked away from the pouty face she was receiving from her best friend. Scarlett knew the pouty face worked, she always got what she wanted when she used it on her best friend.

"You know I can't say no to that face, Scar." Mayla groaned, "I seriously hate you sometimes."

***
The second the two stepped onto the red carpet at the Avengers: Age of Ultron premiere, Mayla's eyes were already searching for a certain blonde. She knew she'd be here and she knew she probably wouldn't be able to avoid her forever, but she would do the best she could to stay clear of her.

"You could at least look like you're enjoying yourself." Scarlett whispered to her as they made their way to the millions of photographers.

After the picture fiasco, Scarlett had interviews to go through before they could finally make it inside.

And that's when she saw her. Her short blonde hair was in waves and she wore a simple but beautiful, long, black and white dress. Mayla's heart fluttered in her chest and she mentally scolded herself that lizzie still had that effect on her even after what had happened.

She didn't realize she was staring until her eyes met Lizzie's and they both stared awkwardly at each other before Mayla quickly looked away.