Chapter 9- Band Breakup

Two more months of constant practicing and preforming, practicing and preforming. The crowd, judges, and the girls at school were growing rather fond of him. None of that bothered me, you knw except for the girls at school. What decent girl wouldnt it bother? All of the contestants got a small break off the show to reorganize themselves and focus on anything BUT the X Factor. So Harry and I decided to spend those few days together. It was Thursday in the midst of Christmas Break and I was sitting in on a White Eskimos practice. You could tell the band was distracted and kind of out of tune during the rehersal and you could also tell that Harry wasnt going to put up with it much longer. "Alright guy cut it!" Harry said waving his arm back at them. "Is it genuinely that difficult to tune your instruments!" Harry shouted. "Hey we did tune! Your the one who came in late and didnt do your sound check!" Will protested. "But still you guys were off key anyways!" he got louder. I had never seen Harry like this before! I didnt know what to think, he had never gotten so angry at his friends over a tunning. "Well were sorry that were not your professional X Factor band!" Will said gesturing to the rest of the guys. Harry just stared at them with a soured look on his face. "All you care about is what the judges like! Its like you dont even care what 'our' music is about." Will calmed down. "You just dont even realize how much I have going on in my head right now! Trying to get as far as I can, learning 2 songs a week! School! Keeping up with Ali! I could really care less about this band right now!" he finished, yelling. everyone just stared at him, including me. So he apparently has to keep up with me, huh? Did he just put me in the category "The Challenges of Life"? Do I really cause him the pressure that he was expressing, or part of it. I felt like crying know that he felt this way and showed it a little too. My face got really red as everybody exchanged glances at me, wondering what I thought about Harry saying that. "Ok, well maybe you should just go concentrate on your little game show." Will was the only one brave enough to speak, as always. "Thats exactly what Im going to do." Harry responded as if he had already made up his mind about this. He turned around and walked over to the couch where I was sitting and grabbed my wrist pulling me up. I willingly followed him knowing that he was probably going to blwo up in the car. We walked out the door silently, as I glanced back at the others giving me a 'good luck' look.

He slammed the door to his room behind me. "Agggggg, how can they be so selfish?!" he gralled. "Am I really that hard to keep up with?" I said calmly. "You know I didnt mean it that way." he turned to me with a concerned look. "No, no I dont! What did you mean, exactly? Please tell me Im very curious..." I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows. "I was just upset and listing a bunch of things that-" he started but I interupted him. "Things that upset you!" I finished for him. There were a few minutes of silence as I sat down on his bed. He rubbed his forehead trying to get his thoughts together. Eventually he removed his hand from his face and looked me in the eyes. It seemed as if when he rubbed his eyes they got more beautiful and ennocent. "NO. Its just theres so much pressure on me right now." he said slowly. "How am I putting pressure on you?" I responded, kind of shocked. "Your not! Your the one that takes most of it away, constantly telling me that as long as I do my best Ill always be a winner, helping me keep my head on straight. I really dont know what I would do without you right now. Bloody hell, I dont know what I would do if I didnt have you at all." he kneeled down on the floor right in front of me, holding my hands. I suddenly grew a slight grin apon my face, and joined him on the floor putting my arms around him. "Forget about everybody else, they dont matter right now. All that matters is you and that mic." I said remaining in the hug but looking at him thruthfully. "And you." he replied slipping his arms around my waiste and grinning. He gave me a peck on the lips and remained in the sweet embrace.