Chapter 20

"Alright guys!" Sanjuurou declared dramatically one day as soon as he entered the office. "We have a guest coming over today!"

The other field agents and Misaki looked up from their work.

Haku gasped equally dramatically. "Hinata-senpai only gets so fired up in special occasions... can our guest be Takiyama-san?!"

"Who is that?" Misaki asked.

Uruma rolled his eyes. "You really don't know anything, do you, Kanade girl?"

She crossed her arms against her chest and glared at him.

"Takiyama Reo," Sanjuuru explained, striding towards their workstations. "He's the supervisor overseeing our entire division. But no, he's not our guest coming over today."

They were about to get back to their work when Sanjuurou spoke again.

"... he will be dropping his daughter here with us for a couple of hours."

Haku stood up in a fright. "Kaori-chan?! The last time she was left here... she stole my glasses and refused to give it back!"

Uruma sighed heavily. "Does Takiyama-san think we are a babysitting division...?"

Sanjuurou sighed as well. "It can't be help. He's holding a meeting in his house and having a seven-year-old... terror... in the house wouldn't be conducive."

The three field agents sighed.

Sanjuurou looked up in determination. "That can't be help! Uruma, Haku – as team leader, I assign you both to take care of Kaori-chan!"

Uruma glared at him for a few seconds before his face smoothened out. "But Hinata... as team leader, shouldn't you be the one to step up to the challenge? This task can only be properly done by the face of our division, the one Takiyama-san trusts the most..."

"You are absolutely right!" Sanjuurou agreed with Uruma's praises.

Uruma smirked, turning back to his work.

Sanjuurou's face paled when he realised that he fallen right into Uruma's trap. "Wait..."

Uruma was already busy typing away at his computer, merely telling his team leader to not disturb him.

Sanjuurou's eye twitched, and he looked at Haku's direction – only to find the man in question gone.

"..." Misaki tried to quickly go back to her accounts, but Sanjuurou turned to her.

"Misaki!" he cried. "Please help me with Kaori-chan later!"

He looked at her pleadingly.

She looked back at his bright eyes and found herself unable to say no.

An hour later, a pretty, small brown pigtailed girl in a purple dress was dropped off to their division.

"You can bring her back to my place as soon as I give you the go ahead," the supervisor said. "Thank you, Hinata-kun, and Kanade-chan. It is nice to see you again, and meet our newest accountant."

Misaki bowed respectfully.

Sanjuurou lowered his head in a bow as well. "The pleasure is all mine. Kaori-chan is in good hands."

As soon as her father left, Kaori began to fuss.

"I'm bored! I want to go play!"

Sanjuurou sighed heavily before kneeling down and looking at the girl. "What do you want to do, Kaori-chan? We have no games here."