Chapter 14

After a regular day of classes, Misaki decided to pay a visit to room 206. Ever since a recent 'Bon' eclipse, Sanjuurou had been often lost in his thoughts, and though she would never admit it, she was becoming increasingly worried for the bright-eyed boy.

Upon reaching his room, she rapped her knuckles against the door three times and entered.

Inside the room, Sanjuurou and Rokudou crowded around Sanjuurou's computer, and with them was a tall boy with his hair tied back by a bandana.

"What?!" Sanjuurou exclaimed, not noticing Misaki's presence. "You want more money? Look, this is an easy task, especially with your character – "

"Hinata-kun..." Rokudou tried to calm him down.

The boy with the bandana shrugged. "Young master, it should be nothing for you – "

"Pardon the intrusion," Misaki said, backing away and about to return later.

"Wait!" the bandana boy cried upon laying his eyes on her.

He turned away from the computer, making a beeline towards her and grabbing her hands in his.

Before she had time to react, the bandana boy spoke passionately. "Magnificent!" he exclaimed in English before switching to Japanese. "Are you from England?"

"... My mother is, yes – "

"I knew it! You have this exotic quality – "

Sanjuurou coughed loudly. "Are you going to help me or – "

"Hinata!" the bandana boy cried. "You are surrounded by beauties – what a lucky man you are. If this foreign beauty – "

"I'm Japanese."

Ignoring her, the bandana boy continued prattling on. "If she were to go on a date for me, I will bypass the files for you with no additional charge!"

"Forget it!" Sanjuurou snapped, a vein pulsing on his forehead. He ran a hand over his face, trying to stop his eye twitching. "I'll... transfer the money to you. Leave her alone and get to work."

The boy grumbled about what a spoilsport he was, but he nevertheless released his grip over Misaki (thankfully, or she would have used her character against him), and faced Sanjuurou's computer. He closed his eyes, touching the screen, and the screen jumped to life, with multiple pop ups surfacing.

After a moment, he opened his eyes again, stepping away from the screen. "I'm done."

"That's fast," Sanjuurou remarked, eyeing his computer. "Thank you."

"No need!" the bandana boy said as he made his way to the door. "Just remember the money!"

Sanjuurou grumbled under his breath, and Rokudou quickly escorted the bandana boy out of the room. Misaki thought about leaving, but since neither seemed to mind her presence, she settled on the edge of the bunk bed and began doing her homework.

The room was in compete silence for the next hour, and the only sounds accompanying them was Misaki's pen scratching across her paper, Rokudou's flipping of pages, and Sanjuurou's clicking of files.

"Damn," Sanjuurou hissed, breaking the silence.

Misaki lifted her eyes off her work. Rokudou sat up and peered over his shoulder.

"Nine years ago..." Sanjuurou muttered. "There were a lot of deaths in the student population nearing graduation."

"Isn't it expected, from an eclipse?" Rokudou asked.