A Little Fun

'So, travelling the country, killing men. Interesting life you lead' The warrior called over his shoulder after walking a bit. 'How would you know what I am doing?' I asked him. He seemed so cocky and all knowing. Even his walk had a certain strut to it, like he was walking past a group of women he wanted to impress. 'Oh Raven, have you not been listening to your own stories? Everyone knows about you. The woman wronged and robbed of her family' He said dramatically 'Killing all men involved in the brutal murder of her townsfolk. Strong men across the country, shaking in their beds at night, waiting for the lady reaper. The stories are endless. I would be a deaf to have not heard of you. But fear you? I think not'

I was laughing by the time he finished his little speech and had caught up to walk along side him. 'Strong men indeed! How much strength do you need to kill a child and burn his family home?' I finished in a growl. 'These are not strong men you speak of. They are nothing but gutless worms that will one by one be sent to be judged' I was getting angrier with every word as his smile grew wider. 'And you think you are the one to judge?' He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. 'I do not judge. I am just the person who delivers them to their fate' I mumbled. This man was making me seem a self righteous murderer.

Was I? I fell into silence as I thought it over. Yes, I did enjoy killing them. It brought satisfaction that I could take their lives as they took the lives of my family. And yes, I loved the feeling of power and strength. I wanted to test myself against their best, to prove to myself that I was better then them all. But I was charged with this task. It was bigger then just me and what I wanted. These men's souls had been marked and I had been asked to kill them. The Fate Weaver could have chosen Susanna or one of the other women to do this task. But no, he had chosen me because the spirits knew I was strong already. Yes, this was my task and mine alone. I smiled.

'And what amuses you now woman? Reminiscing about your kills?' He asked. 'Oh yes, every one of them. Its nice to think of Strong Men screaming out for their lives.' I cast a wicked grin at him 'It is even more fun when they try to run because then I can play hide and seek with them, and I always find them.' My grin grew wider 'But the best is when I consume their souls. They are just so damn tasty!' If these idiot men were going to make up stupid stories about me, I might as well have some fun with it. I licked my lips and cast my eyes over his body. 'Yes, tasty soul. I can almost taste it now.' He had the very beginning of fear enter his eyes. I licked my lips again and moved a little closer to him and ran my hand down his arm. He jumped like I had burnt him.

'What is your name warrior?' I asked him sweetly. 'Why?' He responded 'So you can add me to your list of men to die? I do not think so. You have no power over me woman' He whispered at me as though he had figured out a great secret. 'Moron' I mumbled under my breath as we neared a house that the men had halted at. I looked at the warrior and he cocked his head at the house. 'Captain is in there. I would wish you luck, but hey, I would like to hear of your death' He said, the cocky grin returning to his face. I moved closer to him and placed my hands on his chest. His grin faltered a little. 'See you soon' I whispered in his ear as I reached up and tore a small chunk of hair from his head. He let out a little squeal of protest and clutched at the raw spot. Walking to the house, I made a show of sniffing the hair and brushing it against my cheek. I laughed loudly, threw him one last smile and pushed the door open.