News Travels.

The meeting went for hours. The questions had just gone on and on. I had found out little new information about the raiders themselves. It seemed they came from a nation we had an allience with, from over the sea to the east. So this at least gave me a direction to start my journey. So far, Susanna and I had been the only survivers to return and it was doubtful there would be any others. Most of the men in the room where too busy discussing other possible attacks, and the fact that ties may have be cut with our so called allies. I cared little for this talk. More important matters were at hand for me.

I finally cut them off 'If you will excuse Suanna and I. We are both very weary and wish to retire' I cast my eyes to Matthew, who nodded, rose and excused himself as well. Once outside the door I turned on Matthew 'You could have given some warning about what we were walking into' I exclaimed at him. 'Raven, I am so sorry. But news travels fast, and people must have added it up when they saw me embrase you and rush you back here'

'I am sorry my friend. I am just tired and wish I could rest. But I can not yet. I must speak with you and Rose, now' I stated. If I was to leave, I needed a little help to start out. Matthew led us to another sitting room while sending a man to fetch Rose. When she joined us, I came straight out with it. 'I need to leave as soon as possible. I have matters to attend to which will not wait, but I may need some help setting out' Matthew was about to respond to this when Rose interupted in an outraged voice. 'Raven! You have just returned to us battered but alive, on the point of exhaustion, and now you want to leave again. No, you need to rest and think about what your going to do. Now it pains me to say this, but David and the children are dead. You are a widowed woman with little prospects to you. If the farm had not have been burnt to the ground, you would have a chance of still living comfortably but you don't. Stay with us a while, until you get your feet back, then decide what you will do'

'Rose, Matthew. I must leave' I said with finality. 'There is nothing to think about for I am decided. David and I had quite a few investments set up for the boys and there are a few traders that still have unpaid accounts with me. Matthew, I will need your help with that. If your both willing to help me that is' I looked between the both of them with pleading eyes. In a quiet voice Matthew replied 'Of course we will help with what ever you need of us. I can see there is no changing your mind, but what is this urgent matter you must attend to?' I knew this question was coming but I was still unprepared for it. 'I can not tell you of it at this point. All I can tell you is that I need for you to trust me, and know that what I am doing is the right thing to do'

This was where Susanna spoke up for the first time. 'What do you mean by I? If you think for one moment that you are going to leave me here, you are joking yourself. Where ever you go and what ever you do, you will still need help. I will go with you' The look in her eyes said there was no arguing. 'Susanna, this is not under discussion. I need for you to stay here and be safe'. She was shaking her head before I had finished. 'No, no, no, no! I have nothing either. I have nothing here at least. What life do I have in front of me other then as someones maid? I will not have it'

I passed a quick but understanding glance with Rose 'Fine. But I still need some days to get everything organised. In the mean time, get as much rest as you can. It is going to be a long time before we can relax again' Satisfied, she rose from her chair, gently hugged me and bid us good night. We remained in silence until she was certain to be in her room. 'Look after her Rose. She is a good woman who does not deserve to be some house maid' I looked sadly at her. With a curt nod, she rose also and excused Matthew and I to our planning.

*************************************************************************************************

Writers note (my First One!!!!)

Sorry everyone is there is massive spelling errors in this. We just got a new computer and I can't pre write on micro word anymore and the spell check on wattpad doesn't work too well. But i never decleared to be a awesome spelling queen!

Also sorry about how slow the last 3 pages have been, but they were needed (sorta) and its about to speed back up!!!!!

I hope you all are enjoying it so far, cause i'm having a ton of fun writing it and am getting excited about some chapters to come.

Cheers again guys

*********************************************************************************************************