The Game

"Sh." I whispered quietly into the man's ear as he pressed himself closer against me. A small smile grew on my lips as I felt his soul every time he took a breath. It was sour, tainted, just like mine would have been. I pulled it closer to me but I could only get a small taste of it before it was pushed back, further away from me. I sighed in frustration and turned my attention back to him.

The man was in his early thirties, a teacher, and a pervert as well. That was clear when he accepted my offer to come meet up with me in a hotel room. Just the two of us with no one else around. By my appearance you would be able to quickly guess my age to be around sixteen maybe seventeen years old not exactly a legal adult that could consent to what this man thought about doing. But the fact was that I am not a teenage girl, although he does not know that. I have been around for thousands of years, every now and then taking a soul or two, hunt out some prey for my enjoyment. It was easy simple, most of them I hunted came easily, one small promise and they came to me, begging me to take them. That was not so fun though, sometimes I liked the struggle. But right now there was no struggle at all.

This was all a game, one I played, one that I always won. Not that the other players ever fought that hard when it came to me. 

My hands slipped lower down his naked chest and he let out a gasp from the coldness of my hands which quickly turned into a soft moan.

"I told you be quiet." I giggled, and fluttered my eyelashes as he smiled up at me, his eyes hazy. 

This is the part I hated. Having to act, pretend that everything that was happening was enjoyable, the touches, the kisses, this part really sucked. It was nesscary though, so I had to do it, even if I did detest it. There was no part of me that enjoyed feeling the lips of an older man on my own. 

"Kiss me..please? I don't care how wrong this is." He begged.

That was pretty obvious, if he did care he would not have been tugging my shirt off earlier or whispering dirty things into my ear as we walked up to the hotel room. He would not have been so eager to make sure we were hidden away from the public eye.

He licked his dry lips in anticipation.

I leaned over him, hovering over him for just a second before I completely lost control.

I only saw red.

My fingers curled as long razor-like nails sprouted from my fingers. If I inserted the nail in his spine he would be immobilized, never being able to walk again, if I showed him my wings he would be blinded, but what was the fun in that?

Instead I savoured every moment of the struggle before my mouth engulfed his. 

His fingers clawed at my throat as he tried to turn his face away. He flopped around, reminding me of a fish out of water. He was desperate to breathe to feel something then the immense pain he was in. 

I sucked in a breath, filling my mouth with that bitter soul of his, like cold air rushing through my throat, filling me up. I tugged on his soul, pulling it closer to me until he went limp in my arms. Until his soul no longer belonged to him.

Suddenly, I felt lighter, happier, as if I could do anything, that everything was possible. That the world was mine. 

I dropped the man off the side of my bed, and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

Losing your soul didn't kill you, but it did put you into shock. Once you were soulless, nothing would ever be the same for you. You would go on doing things but never really be living. You would just become an empty shell of your former self. Often the people who lost their souls were misdiagnosed with dissociative disorder. Which made sense these people did tend to finally escape from reality. 

I stepped over his body and made my way to the mirror. 

My black eyes glowed for once, it had been a while since I had a soul, and it always gave me much needed energy. It always made me feel much stronger. 

I combed my fingers through my pale blonde knotted hair, fixing it, straighting it out, until I looked perfect, as if nothing ever happened. I pulled my black knitted sweater over my head and walked over to the man's body kneeling down next to him.

For a second I took a moment to appreciate this man's features. His dark hair was a sharp contrast compared to his pale skin. He was handsome, it was a shame that he was a pervert. I was not only helping young girls around the city but I was saving him from himself. I touched his cheek and felt a rush of a warmth come to the surface. It was really a shame that I had to end things like this. I leaned over putting my lips next to his ear. 

"You will not awaken, ever again. Take a deep breath, let it be the last you take."

I moved my head away from his and watched.

His chest raised up high, and lowered a while later. His lips parted a slight gasp escaping from them. 

Then he went absoloutley still. 

Never being able to move again.

Author Note: Just a really quick one. I split this one in two that's why it is so freaking short.

Sorry if it's not so good, I am not having a good day. :/