Progeny of the Fall

Title: Progeny of the Fall

Author: Taran Matharu

Genres: Science Fiction and Horror

Description:

The world is at an end. They came without warning or conscience. The rocks that bore them sent our peoples into panic, turned our governments into squabbling children. The waves and earthquakes that followed reduced our cities to rubble. Savage creatures spread like a virus across the face of our planet, relentless in their cause, pitiless in their methods. 

Now four bastions remain, teetering on the brink of annihilation. Balanced most precariously is the Tower of London, its survival ensured by the sweat of its people and the strength of its walls. A stalemate has existed for many years, the lines drawn and contested to a standstill. Even the Fae, the noble race of beings who came to our aid from across the stars, cannot break this impasse. 

In London's outskirts, a group of outsiders journey to the Tower for trade. In the city streets, a sergeant is abandoned on a supply run and must make his way back to safety. A Fae ship hunts in secret, safeguarding the London deadlands, yet wary of detection from the very people they protect. In the tunnels and sewers below, an urchin from the Tower's gutters is initiated into the Housecarl brotherhood, protectors of the Underground. Yet something stirs in the depths of the alien hives. It is a time of great change, where the thread of our species will be decided by the hearts and minds of a few. This is their story.

This is an amazing story! As always, Taran doesn't disappoint in this book. This is an ongoing story that always leaves me wanting more. It's the type of book that you can't stop reading until there is no more. It's the type of book that you think about even after you're done reading it. It's an amazing work of art, and I recommend it to everyone! Just like his other story, "Summoner", it's BEAUTIFULLY written, and you will love it! It's honestly and truly a fantastic story.