⚜️ For The Next Millennium ⚜️

Flashback: France 1002

In the beginning, we were so naive. Our mother had made us into beasts who fed on blood. But immortality was beyond our grasp, compulsion a trick we had yet to learn. All we knew was a fear of being hunted... That, and a terrible hunger. So we ran, as a family. And when we needed to, as a family, we fed.

Kassandra Mikaelson dropped the body of a young nobleman and wiped her mouth gently. Her eyes moved from the dead body, to her brothers and sister. They all stood in a sort of circle. Each devouring a victim of their own.

Elijah eventually stood up near the carriage, already finished and began coving the carriage in leaves and such. He watched his younger brother with an expression of displeasure.  "Kol, are you quite done?" He asked, impatiently.

Kol groaned in response then sat upright. Behind him, Rebekah was dragging her body towards the carriage, along with Klaus, and Finn. Kass began to do the same, trying to ignore the attitude in Kol's words as he spoke. Why was he always such a nuisance?

"Oh, bother, Elijah! Is all of this truly necessary?"

"Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare-- if the bodies are found, word of our presence will spread to Mikael." Elijah explained, feeling rather frustrated.

"We have run through autumn and winter, through sleet and snow..." Rebekah, added annoyed. "Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?"

Kass gripped herself tightly, staring at Elijah as she spoke. The same amount of frustration was in her voice. "She's right, brother. Must we run forever?"

"I should say yes, sadly." Finn replied, arrogantly.

Elijah pointed at Finn in annoyance. "Finn, please. Niklaus--" He looked over at Klaus, who was petting the carriage driver's horse, for backup in their argument.

"Do we have any idea where we're running to next?" Rebekah glared at her older brother.

After Kol finally finished feeding on the driver he dropped his body on the ground. Then, he standing and walked toward his siblings sighing. "Why not just do what we've all thought of doing? Split up!"

Kass grimaced. Her twin sibling roaring in response, "We swore a vow!"

"Your vows haunt me more than Father himself!" He shot back, angrily. "At least he can't chase us all. I say we take our chances."

"No," Kass said firmly, Klaus smiled proudly at his twin. "I'm not going lose any one of you." Kol seemed taken aback for a moment before he resumed his angry expression.

Finn, looking torn between the two sides, hesitated before speaking. "Perhaps Kol is right--"

"Thank you, Finn! Yeah, I've always said, 'Oldest is the most intelligent--'"

"--Stop talking--" He turned to Elijah, with a pleading expression, "I take no joy in our assent, but I do wish to sleep in a bed. To bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food. If we divide--"

"No, brother-- Niklaus and Kassandra are right. We made a vow." He stared at Kol and Finn for a moment before moving so that he stood in the middle of his siblings. "Family above all." Then his eyes move to Klaus and Kass. "Always and forever."

The twins, touched by Elijah's support and loyalty, smile weakly.

Always and forever, indeed.

Present Day

Kass stood in a tight dress, whisky in hand, and sipped at she looked at one her twin's paintings. "Hm. Did you really invite Camille over here?"