Three || Why Have I Been Chosen?

Enjoy. c:

                                                  +++

        “You’re next.”

As expected, no one really wanted to have me here. But, it wasn’t like they had any choice for the matter. Everyone in this room was giving me a disapproving looks. As long as they stay out of my way, then they wouldn’t have to face me. I’d give them credit though. They managed to piss me off.

Elisa was another matter entirely. If I came in first based on the overall popularity ranking, then she ranked as second. I guess that was why she was annoyed. This had been the first time I saw her weakness – Will. Who was Will anyway? My next play would be him. I could just imagine Elisa’s rampage if she found out about it. That was such a huge satisfactory.

Taking a deep breath, I went to the center and waited for the curtains to be pulled up. The backstage was also filled with students giving me a curious glance – they probably had no slightest idea as to what act I was going to show. Some of them even had prepared a mop, thinking that I’d cause a ruckus. I smirked, “You are all such a crybabies. Relax, it’s not like I’m going to kill the judge.”

“Knowing you, you can do a lot worse than that.” The guy holding a violin rolled his eyes at me. It wasn’t my fault I acted this way. Could they really blame me though?

In reply, I simply gave him a grin and waited for my entrée. “Hedone,” The voice from the speakers ran out. “You have three minutes to show us your talent. Timer starts now.”

All the lights focused on me. I couldn’t see the panel of judges so I stayed still. The blinding white reflection had bounced towards me, leaving me slightly blinded for a while. But, I didn’t do anything about it. Truthfully, I had no talent. After all, I was just here to cause a scene. I’ll just let the minutes pass by, and then I’d be good to go. Just to pass the time, I walked from side to side, circling around, obviously bored again.

“Times up,” The speakers echoed and I heard the sneering laughter of the students around the background.

I involuntarily yawned and waved. “Ta-ta,” I left the center spotlight, moving as fast as I can towards the backstage. And as I was about to leave the auditorium, I was caught up by Will.

He blocked my way and smiled under the dark lights. “Hey,”

What was up with him? “What do you want?”

“So you’re only here to mess things up, hmm…?” Will came closer, cornering me around the side of the dark, empty room filled with backdrops.

It looked like it was time to have fun. Who would have thought that Will was going to be this easy to catch? I just couldn’t believe he’d be that easy bait. All I did was walk around and suddenly, I had his attention? How surprising. “Sort of. Why? What are you going to do about it?” I caught sight of his cold, blue eyes before he crashed me hard against him.

This was easier than I’d thought it would be.

Will inclined his head near my ear, releasing a few breaths that had me shivering so bad. We were alone, and it seemed to me that I had no effect on him. It felt as if he was throwing back my words back to me in an odd way. “Hedone, you’re bad, aren’t you?” Warmth filled my cheeks, making my hands push him away.

“What are you trying to prove?” I scoffed.

To my surprise, he pulled back and ruffled my hair. “I suggest you change that attitude of yours. You won’t have any accomplices if you continue that.” His tone has dropped low and cold.