Two || The Loser Effect

a/n; Surprise! An update! loool. Anyway, 'Flirting with Disaster' will be a short story with 12 chapters only. This shall be finished before April 30 for the wattpadprize14 so please do help me. I'm hoping you'll like this one. :)

Next Update: Tomorrow

Thank you! Banner at the side by ragingtheseas //rominaaa// starry c:

                   ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            My mornings were the worst times. Why? Mainly because it reminded me that I had to go to the place I hated the most – school. I may have Hedone as my bad side and Voluptas as my conscience; it was still difficult to be just myself. To be Fleur Haley meant you had the guts to be proud of whom you truly are. Apparently in my case, to be Fleur Haley was simply short for a big disaster. I didn’t know what had happened to the old me, but I liked the new me better than before.

One of the big examples for this was the constant nagging of my mom. Old me would say sorry even though mom was the one at fault, but new me would just ignore her and block out everything she had said. I guess this was a terrible habit. It was something I couldn’t stop. Having three identities were silly of me, and that sure was saying a lot of things.

“Fleur, are you even listening to me?” Mom raised an eyebrow, giving me one of her coldest glare that had me wanting to cover my ears even more. She wasn’t getting any older. In fact, she was still young enough to nag on me forever.

Spooning my cereal, I glopped it down rather angrily. It wasn’t my fault that dad never settled for her. And here she was, ranting on as to why I couldn’t straighten myself up, or at least help her and be the good kid I was supposed to be. No matter how many times I told mom that dad never loved her, mom wouldn’t listen. She told me that the reason why dad wouldn’t come back home was because of me – their problematic child. When in fact, dad wouldn’t stay here with us because he was busy spreading the legs of several women. I had seen him before with an exotic brunette on top of his body. They were like pigs, and they were in mom and dad’s bedroom. He was a filthy, cheating, lying husband, yet. . . my mom refused to believe me.

When I looked at my mom, all I could see was her faded beauty. She would have been strike as one of the top models for having a strawberry blond hair and pale blue eyes, but no, dad ruined all of it.

“Yes, yes. You want me to have an A plus grades, right?” I ignored her blank look and bobbed my head at one side.

Mom handed me my orange juice. She sat down on my side and gave me a wary stare. “I only want what’s best for your future. How can you get to Harvard when you’re slacking off a lot?”

You only wanted dad back. You wanted him to be proud of me, mom. But, that’s the thing, he’s never coming back because he was busy touching someone else’s body aside from you, his wife. It was what my mind gave me, and it was more than enough to bring out the hatred in me towards my parents.

“Mom, I’m a teen. I struggle everyday with my classes, and with those stupid cliques. High school isn’t like High school musical at all!” It was true. I used to watch High school musical when I was little, and the director of that movie probably made that movie to fool us that high school was that fun. Well, news flash, high school wasn’t musical. High school wasn’t filled with boys like Zac Efron aka Troy Bolton who will shoot balls and sing with you just to get a better image. School today only involved guys who acted as if they were kings of the new world.