Chapter 3~:Early Morning Meetings

"Angel. " "Rorschach." I sat there in bed with the blankets pulled up. Rorschach tossed a pin at my legs and looked at me to pick it up. I grabbed the pin and turned it over. I stared down at the bright yellow Smiley face button.  "What's this stain? Bean juice?" I asked. "Human bean juice." Rorschach answered,"Badge belonged to the Comedian. Blood too. He's dead." My eyes started to water and a lump started to form in my throat.

                    How could Eddie die? He's the Comedian. A hero. Immortal. We just had lunch yesterday. He must've been murdered, but who'd be crazy enough or strong enough to kill Eddie?

                   "How?"I questioned quietly. "Fell out of window. Head was driven up into stomach." I winced at the idea. I began to divulge my knowledge as I got out of bed and walked to my closet to search for my scythe. "He can't have just fallen out of his

Window. It's plate glass. You would have to throw a 100 pound dumbbell just to put a crack in it. He had to have either been pushed or.." Rorschach completed my sentence,"Thrown" Out of no where I heard a loud grumble come from Rorschach."Hungry?" I asked.  As usual he replied with a noncommittal "Hurm". I told him to help himself to anything in the fridge. He walked out of the room towards the kitchen and I closed my bedroom door behind him. I realize that it had been completely dark so I flipped on the lights and grabbed my suit.

          I love my costume and all but it feels weird putting it on to investigate the death of a close friend. Don't get me wrong I was used to going out at two in the morning to help Rorschach snoop around the city but This time it felt odd. For my costume I wore a Black and red cotton jumper with a small red corset around my waist. I also wore red and Black striped stockings with red combat boots. My favorite part of my costume was my scythe.  It was an extremely large blade with a long red handle with a smaller blade at the other end. The blade was made by one of my father's colleagues who was doing research on adamantium.  Stryker,  I think his name was. Both blades are made with adamantium and could cut through any thing. And anyone. I unfurled my large white wings and took hold of my scythe. I walked out of my room and met Rorschach in the living room, he scooped a large handful of sugar cubes into his pocket. I looked at him and gave him a half hearted smile."Ready?" I asked and all I received as a response was the regular old,"Hurm."